Idle Process UDF

PhoenixXL

Code

#cs #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
    Name...........: _GetIdleTime()

Description ...: (Can Execute A Function) When The User Is Idle For Specified Amount Of Time or Vice-Versa

Syntax.........: _GetIdleTime($Time,$Return=0)

Parameters ....: $Time = The Amount Of Time to Check The User To be Idle....
$Return = 1 Return The Func Immediately if The User is not Idle
$Return = 0 Wait For The User To Get Idle For Specified Amount of Time and Then Return

Returns........: Success = 0
Failure(The User Wasnt Idle For The Specified Amount of Time , Applicable only When $Return=1) = 1
                Unable To call User32.dll = -1
Unable To create Dll Structure = -2

Author ........: Abhishek

Remarks .......: To Execute a Func When The User is Not Idle Call a Func in [Section]

Example .......: _Example()
#ce ===============================================================================================================================
Func _GetIdleTime($Time,$Return=0)

Local $ISAVE, $LASTINPUTINFO = DllStructCreate("uint;dword"), $TRACE = 0
If $LASTINPUTINFO=0 Then Return -2

DllStructSetData($LASTINPUTINFO, 1, DllStructGetSize($LASTINPUTINFO))
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetLastInputInfo", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($LASTINPUTINFO))
If @error Then Return -1

While $TRACE <= $Time
$ISAVE = DllStructGetData($LASTINPUTINFO, 2)
Sleep(1000)
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetLastInputInfo", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($LASTINPUTINFO))
Switch Floor(DllStructGetData($LASTINPUTINFO, 2) / 1000) - Floor($ISAVE / 1000)
Case 0
$TRACE += 1
Case Else
$TRACE = 0
Switch $Return
Case 0
;[Section] Stuff to do when the user is not Idle
Case 1
Return 1
EndSwitch
EndSwitch
WEnd
;Call($FuncName) ;Stuff to do when the user is Idle for the specified amount of time
Return 0
EndFunc

; ===============================================================================================================================
_Example()
Func _Example()
Sleep(5000)
Switch _GetIdleTime(10,1)
Case 0
MsgBox(0,"Information",'The User Was Idle For 10 Secs.......')
Case 1
MsgBox(0,"Information","The User Wasn't Idle For 10 Secs.......")
EndSwitch
EndFunc
; ===============================================================================================================================
Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Good, but can't this be just done with a TimerInit/TimerDiff which are already built in? (or also a Sleep, if you want to do it the rude way)

Btw, if your aim was to do it without timer functions, good work, i could learn something from there.

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

Thanks to you for sharing with us

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

• 4 months later...

I just tryed the code on my pc and it doesn't work.

WIndows 7 Proffesional N (64 Bit)

No Error Messages.

Just...nothing :D

>"C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE..autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "D:DesktopNew AutoIt v3 Script.au3"

>Exit code: 0 Time: 5.105

Edited by IanN1990

Can you give the code?

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

The code i tryed, is the code you provided in the orginal post of this topic :(

**Edit This is my fault.

My Autoit by default runs in X64 to prevent crashes with other code i use. Seams this code only works with X32.

Sorry for the Confusion. Have given 5 stars

Main reason i was intereseted with this UDF is because i needed some code to detect when IDLE is broken on a pc, to lock it. Using the built-into autoit one, it detects when my wirelss mouse turns off as a "idle breaker" whereas this code doesnt :D now time to learn how the code works so i can use it

Edited by IanN1990

This function can be found in WinAPIEx. So I would suggest looking at that instead. Search the forum for WinAPIEx.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks for the suggestion, i will look into it. Though i have already stripped the code and am intergerating it into my system :D

Local $ISAVE, $LASTINPUTINFO = DllStructCreate("uint;dword"), $TRACE = 0
DllStructSetData($LASTINPUTINFO, 1, DllStructGetSize($LASTINPUTINFO))

While True
     $ISAVE = DllStructGetData($LASTINPUTINFO, 2)
     Sleep(250)
     Switch Floor(DllStructGetData($LASTINPUTINFO, 2) / 1000) - Floor($ISAVE / 1000)
         Case 0
             $TRACE += 1
         Case Else
             $TRACE = 0
             ConsoleWrite("A")
     EndSwitch
WEnd

Does the job perfectly :) Once run any movement of the mouse or push of a key. It detects it has happened, and writes A :)

Edited by IanN1990

I would personally wrap in a function, then again I use WinAPIEx so no need. Also good code should support x64 too.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

The code i tryed in the orginal post, i ran ino autoit and displayed the post. It just exited after 5 seconds.

When trying it with the 32bit, it worked fine.

After stripping the code and intergating it into my system code. It works on both 32 and 64. So yea. I cant explain it, maybe my pc is just weird ^^ In any event i am happy i found this topic as its allowed me to replace my old code using _Timer_GetIdleTime which didn't really work very well.

• 3 months later...

idle time of specific program

If you want to track the Keyboard and Mouse input for a specific program then its not simple ;)

My code:

Damodara,

Please give more details

You want to get the UserInput [Keyboard Mouse] or the Focus

My code:

This UDF has a specific purpose and would require a total re-write. Lets stick to one thread (the one MKISH linked.)

Edited by guinness

UDF List: