Run() function-Portable app

Hi people i want to know how to create a script to run a portable application from my gui.

i know the [ Run() function ie. sRun = "c:\program files\....etc] to run a program from my pc.

But how to run a portable app that is compiled with my gui, so to be able to execute it in a pc in my school etc.

how the dir-location should look like that contains the portable app.

I hope i made you understand what i mean.

Thanks in advance

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"] [/font]

You can use FileInstall and install it to the @TempDir &""

Then Run(@TempDir & "portableapp.exe")

Thank you rogue5099 for the fast response i wil read about the Fileistall and i will test it.

Thank you.

Great, at least show what you tried though.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Great, at least show what you tried though.

Thank you sir

iam trying this script n the same dire but isnot embeded in the gui

#Include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#Include <Constants.au3>
$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)
GUISetState()
Run("ddd.bat")
Sleep(2000)
$hHandle = WinGetHandle("ddd")
_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hHandle, $GWL_STYLE, BitOr($WS_POPUP, $WS_VISIBLE))
_WinAPI_SetParent($hHandle, $hGUI)
Do
    Sleep(200)
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

Hi, armoros. Try specifying the path to your batch file.

Run(@Scriptdir & "ddd.bat")

Hi JLogan3o13 i put it like you say but nothing it open the bat file with the gui but is not embeded in the parent window.
#Include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#Include <Constants.au3>
$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 800, 500)
GUISetState()
Run(@Scriptdir & "ddd.bat")
Sleep(2000)
$hHandle = WinGetHandle("ddd")
_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hHandle, $GWL_STYLE, BitOr($WS_POPUP, $WS_VISIBLE))
_WinAPI_SetParent($hHandle, $hGUI)
Do
    Sleep(200)
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

I thing i gona stop trying scripting and start bodybuilding ;)

Thank you anyway for your effort ...

• Moderators

Maybe if you provide us with what your batch file is accomplishing, we can assist further? It is difficult to help completely with only half the puzzle ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Maybe if you provide us with what your batch file is accomplishing, we can assist further? It is difficult to help completely with only half the puzzle ;)

thanks for you patience JLogan

the ddd.bat is just a cmd command k/ipconfig..is just for test...

the whole thing that i want, is to be able to make a portable program that i have [ portableapps cmd ] to run inside the gui that i made. [ to open and close together ] and if i ever made it to have prebuilt commands and sent them in the cmd window.

Thank you again JLogan for bearing with me..

• Moderators

I'm still not 100% sure if I am getting what you're attempting to accomplish, but it sounds as though you want to run an external portable app, but encase it's window in an AutoIt GUI. Someone much more intelligent than I may come along and be able to tell you how to do it, but I have never seen it done. The only thing I have seen with embedding would be to use _IECreateEmbedded to embed a web page into a GUI, but I am guessing that is not what you're after.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I'm still not 100% sure if I am getting what you're attempting to accomplish, but it sounds as though you want to run an external portable app, but encase it's window in an AutoIt GUI. Someone much more intelligent than I may come along and be able to tell you how to do it, but I have never seen it done. The only thing I have seen with embedding would be to use _IECreateEmbedded to embed a web page into a GUI, but I am guessing that is not what you're after.

Thank you again JLogan probably is me that i cant explain what i want....

i will try it the _IE.

Thank you again JLogan and the other people for the assistance.