Msgbox at Lock Screen

Does anyone know if it's possible to show msgbox or any form of messages notification via AutoIT at the computer lock screen? Reason, I'm running some task at the background and the computer will be at locked state. I wanted some form of message dialog to appear to tell me the status of the background task. I have tried using the msgbox function but it doesn't work. Any advise is greatly appreciated. ;)

Edited by lolipop

Hey lolipop .........!!

According 2 me Thats not possible to popup a MsgBox in the LogonScreen...............

It will be a good idea if u play a sound/music when your task completes......

You will be able to hear the sound..........

Orelse u must be knowing about StickKeys.......

They even get activated when u press 5 times SHIFT in the Logon Screen ,If in options its enabled

whenever u press SHIFT 5 times a Program named SETHC.exe gets activated which popups the Stick Keys Activation

So simply you can replace Sethc.exe(placed in the System Folder) by your Program and get the progress by pressing SHIFT 5 Times

I dont think my idea will be very useful , But anyways give it a try.......

Hope that it helps you out!!! ;)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Hi PhoenixXL,

Thanks for the response but as I mention earlier, I want to popup a message at the Lock screen not at LogonScreen. Also, I understand it's seems to be possible to do so via VBscript it seems by calling MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION.

But of cos I do not know how to do it via autoit script. Any other kind soul can give more advise? Thanks.

; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645505(v=vs.85).aspx
; Community Additions: MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION is ignored on Vista
$MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION = 2097152; 0x00200000
DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'LockWorkStation')
Sleep(3000)
MsgBox($MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION, "$MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION Test", "Some message... will not work on Vista+")

Edited by KaFu

Nice Work KaFu ....

I think that will solve the problem of lolipop....

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645505(v=vs.85).aspx
; Community Additions: MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION is ignored on Vista
$MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION = 2097152; 0x00200000
DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'LockWorkStation')
Sleep(3000)
MsgBox($MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION, "$MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION Test", "Some message... will not work on Vista+")

Thanks KaFu. It works perfectly. I didn't know the msgbox function works this way. Btw, thanks PhoenixXL.