Floating text that disappears within x seconds

sensalim

Hi, I read this topic

but I'm having problem making modifications. I want:

-infinite loop until manually closed

-when a specified value in a specified section in a specified ini file changes, pops up floating text for 2 seconds

-the floating text needs to go away after 2 seconds

-preferably not create an autoit window while displaying the floating text but this is optional

I'll spend more time by myself first but if anyone can help that will be appreciated.

Thanks.

ToolTip might be what you're looking for. Or search for Melba23's Notify UDF in the Example scripts section.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Before you alter this script for use with an .ini file, the spacebar or the middle mouse button will trigger the floating text to appear for 2 seconds.

Pressing the "Esc" button, will manually exit the infinite loop.

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

Local $nText
;Local $sIniValue = IniRead ( "filename", "section", "key", "default" ) ; <=========================== Alter for use with Ini file.

$nText = "AutoIt GDIPlus rotate text Example ( 2 secs)"  ;Enter text to be displayed here

Do
      ;If $sIniValue <> IniRead ( "filename", "section", "key", "default" )  Then ; <=================== Alter for use with Ini file.
    If _IsPressed("20") Or _IsPressed("04")  Then ; SpaceBar or middle mouse button key <============= Comment out/do NOT use with Ini file.
        CreateFloatAngleText($nText, -1, -1, 45, -1, 24 , 0xffff0000) ;0 for random color; increment X position.
                Sleep(2000)
                GUIDelete("Rotate Text")
                ;$sIniValue = IniRead ( "filename", "section", "key", "default" ) ; <========================== Alter for use with Ini file.
    EndIf
    Sleep(250)
    Until _IsPressed("1B")  ; ESC key

; #FUNCTION# ================================================================
; Name...........: CreateFloatAngleText
; Description ...: Puts text on screen at any angle.
; Syntax.........: CreateFloatAngleText($nText, $Left = -1, $Top = -1, $nAngle = 0, $nFontName = "Arial", _
;                                      $nFontSize = 12, $iARGB = 0xFFFF00FF)
; Parameters ....: $nText   - Text string to be displayed
;                 $Left    - Approximate Top left position of text from left of screen (default = -1 )
;                 $Top   - Approximate Top left position of text from top of screen  (default = -1 )
;                 $nAngle    - the angle which the text will be place.               (default = 0 )
;                 $nFontName  - The name of the font to be used                (default = "Arial" )
;                 $nFontSize  - The font size to be used                               (default = 12 )
;                 $iARGB      - Alpha, Red, Green and Blue color. (0=random color)(default=0xFFFF00FF)
; Return values .: 1
; Author ........: Malkey 31/03/08
; Modified.......:Malkey Removed "GUIRegisterMsg($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, "_WinMove")" 11/04/12
; Remarks .......: Tested on xp 512mb mem. 1280x1024 resolution. Worked ok.
;                 Enter 0 for color, generates random color of text.
; Related .......:
; Link ..........;
; Example .......; Yes
; ========================================================================================
Func CreateFloatAngleText($nText, $Left = -1, $Top = -1, $nAngle = 0, $nFontName = "Arial", _
                          $nFontSize = 12, $iARGB = 0xFFFF00FF)

Local $hWnd, $hDC, $hBitmap, $pSize, $tSize, $pSource, $tSource, $pBlend, $tBlend
    Local $iOpacity = 200
    Local $ULW_ALPHA = 2
    Local $nPI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795
    Local $hGui, $hGraphic
    Local $GuiSize, $x, $y, $nX, $ny, $GuiWidth, $GuiHeight, $nWidth, $nHeight, $txtlen
    Local $hMatrix, $nXt, $nYt, $hBrush, $hFormat, $hFamily, $hFont, $tLayout

; Default values
    If $nAngle    = "" Or $nAngle    = -1 Then $nAngle    = 0
    If $nFontName = "" Or $nFontName = -1 Then $nFontName = "Arial" ; "Microsoft Sans Serif"
    If $nFontSize = "" Or $nFontSize = -1 Then $nFontSize = 12
    If $iARGB = 0 Then  ;Randomize ARGB color
        $iARGB = "0xff" & Hex(Random(0, 255, 1), 2) & Hex(Random(0, 255, 1), 2) & Hex(Random(0, 255, 1), 2)
    EndIf

$txtlen    = StringLen($nText)
    $nWidth    = Int($nFontSize * $txtlen * 28/ 40)      ;Tweak here to de/increase text box width size
    $nHeight   = Int(($nFontSize * 37 / 30) * (1280 / 1024)) ;Tweak here to de/increase text box height size
    $GuiWidth  = $nWidth - Abs($nHeight * Sin($nAngle * $nPI / 180))
    $GuiHeight = $nHeight + Abs($nWidth * Sin($nAngle * $nPI / 180))

$nX   = $GuiWidth  / 2
    $ny   = $GuiHeight / 2
    $hGui = GUICreate("Rotate Text", $GuiWidth, $GuiHeight, $Left, $Top, 0, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))
    GUISetState()

_GDIPlus_Startup ()
    $hWnd = _WinAPI_GetDC (0)
    $hDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC ($hWnd)
    $hBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap ($hWnd, $GuiWidth, $GuiHeight) ; $iWidth, $iHeight)
    _WinAPI_SelectObject ($hDC, $hBitmap)
    $hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHDC ($hDC)

;Rotation Matrix
    $hMatrix = _GDIPlus_MatrixCreate ()
    _GDIPlus_MatrixRotate ($hMatrix, $nAngle, 1)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetTransform ($hGraphic, $hMatrix)

;x, y are display coordinates of center of width and height of the rectanglular text box.
    ;x, y increment in a circular path with radius (width of text box)/2.
    ;Parametric equations for a circle
    ; and adjusts for center of text box
    $x = ($nWidth / 2) * Cos($nAngle * $nPI / 180) - ($nHeight / 2) * Sin($nAngle * $nPI / 180)
    $y = ($nWidth / 2) * Sin($nAngle * $nPI / 180) + ($nHeight / 2) * Cos($nAngle * $nPI / 180)

;Rotation of Coordinate Axes formulae
    ;Use $nXt, $nYt in  _GDIPlus_RectFCreate. These x, y values is the position of the rectangular
    ;text box point before rotation. (before translation of the matrix)
    $nXt =  ($nX - $x) * Cos($nAngle * $nPI / 180) + ($ny - $y) * Sin($nAngle * $nPI / 180)
    $nYt = -($nX - $x) * Sin($nAngle * $nPI / 180) + ($ny - $y) * Cos($nAngle * $nPI / 180)

; Parameters for GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx()
    $hBrush  = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid   ($iARGB)
    $hFormat = _GDIPlus_StringFormatCreate ()
    $hFamily = _GDIPlus_FontFamilyCreate   ($nFontName)
    $hFont   = _GDIPlus_FontCreate       ($hFamily, $nFontSize, 1, 3)
    $tLayout = _GDIPlus_RectFCreate     ($nXt, $nYt, $nWidth, $nHeight)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx         ($hGraphic, $nText, $hFont, $tLayout, $hFormat, $hBrush)

; Parameters for _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow
    $tSize   = DllStructCreate  ($tagSIZE)
    $pSize   = DllStructGetPtr  ($tSize)
    DllStructSetData            ($tSize, "X", $GuiWidth)
    DllStructSetData            ($tSize, "Y", $GuiHeight)
    $tSource = DllStructCreate  ($tagPOINT)
    $pSource = DllStructGetPtr  ($tSource)
    $tBlend  = DllStructCreate  ($tagBLENDFUNCTION)
    $pBlend  = DllStructGetPtr  ($tBlend)
    DllStructSetData            ($tBlend, "Alpha", $iOpacity)
    DllStructSetData            ($tBlend, "Format", 1)
    _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow ($hGui, $hWnd, 0, $pSize, $hDC, $pSource, 0, $pBlend, $ULW_ALPHA)

; Clean up resources
    _GDIPlus_MatrixDispose     ($hMatrix)
    _GDIPlus_FontDispose         ($hFont)
    _GDIPlus_FontFamilyDispose   ($hFamily)
    _GDIPlus_StringFormatDispose ($hFormat)
    _GDIPlus_BrushDispose       ($hBrush)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose     ($hGraphic)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC           (0, $hWnd)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject         ($hBitmap)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC             ($hDC)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown           ()
    return 1
EndFunc   ;==>CreateFloatTextAngle

• 10 months later...

Hi,

sorry for bring up an old topic but I'm having some problem and hope the forum member can advise or direct me.

What I'm trying to do is create an overlay text on the lower right corner on top of desktop wallpaper and when user change the wallpaper the text still remain. I have tried using the above coding sample but it doesn't really do the job I wanted. The above sample floating text will always be on the foreground of all the program I open which I do not want. I only require it to show on top of the wallpaper. Can AutoIT do this? Any advise or example is greatly appreciated. TIA

Have a look here:

You need to write a code to write some text to the wallpaper and which detects any change for the wallpaper to actualize it afterwards.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

This example will display text on the desktop at the bottom of the Z-order.

Press Alt+Esc keys to remove text from desktop to finished.

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

_CreateBkGndText("Background Text", (@DesktopWidth - 300), @DesktopHeight - 60, 300, 60)

Do
    Sleep(250)
Until _IsPressed("1B") And _IsPressed("12") ;< ============ Alt + ESC keys to exit ==============================

Func _CreateBkGndText($sText, $iX, $iY, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iFontSize = 20, $iColor = 0xFF8080)
    Local $gui = GUICreate("trans", $iWidth, $iHeight, $iX, $iY, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)
    GUISetFont($iFontSize, 800)
    GUISetBkColor(0xABCDEF)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($sText, 0, 0, $iWidth, $iHeight, -1);, $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $iColor)
    GUISetState()
    _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($gui, 0xABCDEF, 255)
    _WinAPI_SetWindowPos($gui, $HWND_BOTTOM, $iX, $iY, $iWidth, $iHeight, $SWP_NOMOVE)
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>_CreateBkGndText

Using Malkey's example, this will hide the GUI from the taskbar. The parent parameter is set using AutoIt's hidden window. See signature for more uses about AutoItWinGetTitle.

GUICreate("trans", $iWidth, $iHeight, $iX, $iY, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED, WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()))

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

@lolipop: here the way I described in post#6. A text will be added to the current background image when something has changed in reg key HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop.

#include <GDIPlus.au3>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)
Opt('TrayAutoPause', 0)

Global $sWallpaperTxt = @ComputerName & @CRLF & @IPAddress1 & @CRLF & "UEZ 2013"
Global $sCurrentWallpaper = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "Wallpaper")
_GDIPlus_Startup()

Global Const    $HKEY_CURRENT_USER = 0x80000001, $KEY_NOTIFY = 0x0010, $REG_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_SET = 0x04, _
                                $SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER = 0x0014, $SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE = 0x0001, $SPIF_SENDCHANGE = 0x0002

Global $hKey, $hEvent

$hKey = _WinAPI_RegOpenKey($HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'Control Panel\Desktop', $KEY_NOTIFY)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(16, @extended, _WinAPI_GetErrorMessage(@extended))
    Exit
EndIf
$hEvent = _WinAPI_CreateEvent()
If Not _WinAPI_RegNotifyChangeKeyValue($hKey, $REG_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_SET, 0, 1, $hEvent) Then
    Exit
EndIf

UpdateWallpaper($sWallpaperTxt)

While Sleep(250)
    If Not _WinAPI_WaitForSingleObject($hEvent, 0) Then
            UpdateWallpaper($sWallpaperTxt)
    EndIf
    If Not _WinAPI_RegNotifyChangeKeyValue($hKey, $REG_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_SET, 0, 1, $hEvent) Then
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

_WinAPI_CloseHandle($hEvent)
_WinAPI_RegCloseKey($hKey)
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()
Exit

Func UpdateWallpaper($sWallpaperTxt)
    Local Const $sPath = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "Wallpaper")
    Local Const $hBmp_Wallpaper = _GDIPlus_WTOB($sPath, $sWallpaperTxt, "Arial", 64, -1, -1,  0, 0, 0xFFFFFFFF, True,True, $sPath)
    _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmp_Wallpaper)
    Local $bResult = DllCall("User32.dll", "bool",  "SystemParametersInfo", "uint", $SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER, "uint", 0, "str", $sPath, "uint", $SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE + $SPIF_SENDCHANGE)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc

;======================================================================================
; Function Name:    _GDIPlus_WTOB (Write Text On Bitmap)
; Description:          Loads a bitmap and writes a text on it
;
; Parameters:       $sIn:                       filename of the bitmap or a handle to a bitmap
;                               $sText:                 the text which will be written onto the bitmap centered
; Optional:
;                               $fName:             font name to be used
;                               $fSize:                 fonst size of the text
;                               $iX:                        x position of font - if x and y set $iAlignX and $iAlignY will be skipped
;                               $iY:                        y position of font
;                               $iAlignX:               align the font center, left, right (0, 1, 2) on x axis
;                               $iAlignY:               align the font center, top, buttom (0, 1, 2) on y axis
;                               $iFColor:               color of font
;                               $ebg:                   enable background black painting to get contrast with font color
;                               $save:                  if set to 1 bitmap will be saved
;                               $sFilename:         filename of the save bitmap, if no extension is given PNG will be used instead
;                               $iJPGQ:                 jpg image save quality -> 0: worst, 100: best
;                               $draw_bgrect        draws a filled transparent rectangle to make the font better readable
;                               $iDrawBGRect_c  color of filled transparent rectangle
;
; Error codes:
;                               1: image file not found
;                               2: no text given
;                               3: no font given
;                               4: wrong font size - must be greater then 0
;                               5: wrong align x value
;                               6: wrong align y value
;                               7: unable to create bitmap from scan 0
;                               8: unable to save image
;
; Requirement(s):       GDIplus.au3
; Return Value(s):  Success: handle to bitmap, Error: 0
; Author(s):                UEZ
; Version:                  v0.92 Build 2011-05-28 Beta
;=======================================================================================
Func _GDIPlus_WTOB($sIn, $sText, $fName = "Impact", $fSize = 11, $iX = -1, $iY = -1, $iAlignX = 2, $iAlignY = 2, $iFColor = 0xFFFFFFFF, $ebg = True, $save = False, $sFilename = "WTOB.png", $iJPGQ = 90, $draw_bgrect = False, $iDrawBGRect_c = 0xFF808080)
    Local $handle = False, $hImage, $declared = True
    If IsPtr($sIn) Then $handle = True
    If (Not $handle) And ($sIn = "" Or Not FileExists($sIn)) Then Return SetError(1, 0, "File not found")
    If $sText = "" Then Return SetError(2, 0, "No text given")
    If $fName = "" Then SetError(3, 0, "No font given")
    If Not IsInt($fSize) And $fSize > 0 Then Return SetError(4, 0, "Wrong font size")
    If $iAlignX < 0 Or $iAlignX > 2 Then Return SetError(5, 0, "Wrong align x value")
    If $iAlignY < 0 Or $iAlignY > 2 Then Return SetError(6, 0, "Wrong align y value")

If Not $ghGDIPDll Then
        _GDIPlus_Startup()
        $declared = False
    EndIf

If Not $handle Then
        $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($sIn)
    Else
        $hImage = $sIn
    EndIf
    Local $iW = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
    Local $iH = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)

Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iW, $iH)
    If @error Then Return SetError(7, @extended, "Unable to create bitmap from scan 0")
    Local $hContext = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetSmoothingMode($hContext, 2)
    DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipSetInterpolationMode", "handle", $hContext, "int", 7)
    DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipSetTextRenderingHint", "handle", $hContext, "int", 4)

Local $hPinsel = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid($iFColor)
    Local $hFormat = _GDIPlus_StringFormatCreate()
    Local $hFamily = _GDIPlus_FontFamilyCreate($fName)
;~  Local $font_size = Floor(($iW - StringLen($sText)) / $fSize)
    Local $hFont = _GDIPlus_FontCreate($hFamily, $fSize, 1)
    Local $tLayout = _GDIPlus_RectFCreate(0, 0, 0, 0)
    Local $aInfo = _GDIPlus_GraphicsMeasureString($hContext, $sText, $hFont, $tLayout, $hFormat)

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hContext, $hImage, 0, 0, $iW, $iH)

Local $fWidth = DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], "Width")
    Local $fHeight = DllStructGetData($aInfo[0], "Height")

If $iX < 0 Then
        Switch $iAlignX
            Case 0 ;alignment center
                DllStructSetData($tLayout, "x", $iW / 2 - Round($fWidth / 2, 0))
            Case 1 ;alignment left
                DllStructSetData($tLayout, "x", 0)
            Case 2 ;alignment right
                DllStructSetData($tLayout, "x", $iW - $fWidth - 1)
        EndSwitch
    Else
        DllStructSetData($tLayout, "x", $iX)
    EndIf

If $iY < 0 Then
        Switch $iAlignY
            Case 0 ;alignment center
                DllStructSetData($tLayout, "y", $iH / 2 - Floor($fHeight / 2))
            Case 1 ;alignment top
                DllStructSetData($tLayout, "y", 0)
            Case 2 ;alignment buttom
                DllStructSetData($tLayout, "y", $iH - $fHeight - 1)
        EndSwitch
    Else
        DllStructSetData($tLayout, "y", $iY)
    EndIf

Local $hBrush_rect = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid($iDrawBGRect_c)
    If $draw_bgrect Then _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hContext, DllStructGetData($tLayout, "x"), DllStructGetData($tLayout, "y"), $fWidth, $fHeight, $hBrush_rect)

Local $i, $fs = $fSize * 0.075
    Local $hBrush_back = _GDIPlus_CreateLineBrush(0, 0, 0, $fSize, 0xFF000000, 0xFF808080)
    Local $tLayout2 = _GDIPlus_RectFCreate(0, 0, 0, 0)
    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "Width", $fWidth)
    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "Height", $fHeight)
    If $ebg Then
        For $i = 0 To 3
            Switch $i
                Case 0
                    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "x", DllStructGetData($tLayout, "x"))
                    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "y", DllStructGetData($tLayout, "y") - $fs)
                Case 1
                    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "x", DllStructGetData($tLayout, "x") + $fs)
                    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "y", DllStructGetData($tLayout, "y"))
                Case 2
                    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "x", DllStructGetData($tLayout, "x"))
                    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "y", DllStructGetData($tLayout, "y") + $fs)
                Case 3
                    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "x", DllStructGetData($tLayout, "x") - $fs)
                    DllStructSetData($tLayout2, "y", DllStructGetData($tLayout, "y"))
            EndSwitch
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx($hContext, $sText, $hFont, $tLayout2, $hFormat, $hBrush_back)
        Next
    EndIf
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx($hContext, $sText, $hFont, $tLayout, $hFormat, $hPinsel)
    _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage)

Local $err = 0
    If $save Then
        If StringRight($sFilename, 4) = ".jpg" Then
            Local $sCLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID("JPG")
            Local $tParams = _GDIPlus_ParamInit(1)
            Local $tData = DllStructCreate("int Quality")
            DllStructSetData($tData, "Quality", $iJPGQ) ;quality 0-100
            Local $pData = DllStructGetPtr($tData)
            _GDIPlus_ParamAdd($tParams, $GDIP_EPGQUALITY, 1, $GDIP_EPTLONG, $pData)
            Local $pParams = DllStructGetPtr($tParams)
            If Not _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFileEx($hBitmap, $sFilename, $sCLSID, $pParams) Then $err = 8
            $tParams = 0
            $tData = 0
        Else
            If StringMid($sFilename, StringLen($sFilename) - 3, 1) <> "." Then $sFilename &= ".png"
            If Not _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile($hBitmap, $sFilename) Then $err = 8
        EndIf
    EndIf
    _GDIPlus_FontDispose($hFont)
    _GDIPlus_FontFamilyDispose($hFamily)
    _GDIPlus_StringFormatDispose($hFormat)
    _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hPinsel)
    _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hBrush_rect)
    _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hBrush_back)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hContext)
    If Not $declared Then _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
    $tLayout = 0
    $tLayout2 = 0

Return SetError($err, 0, $hBitmap)
EndFunc   ;==>WTOB

Func _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iWidth, $iHeight, $iStride = 0, $iPixelFormat = 0x0026200A, $pScan0 = 0)
    Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipCreateBitmapFromScan0", "int", $iWidth, "int", $iHeight, "int", $iStride, "int", $iPixelFormat, "ptr", $pScan0, "int*", 0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
    Return $aResult[6]
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0

Func _GDIPlus_CreateLineBrush($iPoint1X, $iPoint1Y, $iPoint2X, $iPoint2Y, $iArgb1 = 0xFF0000FF, $iArgb2 = 0xFFFF0000, $WrapMode = 1)
    Local $tPoint1, $pPoint1, $tPoint2, $pPoint2, $aRet
    If $iArgb1 = "" Then $iArgb1 = 0xFF0000FF
    If $iArgb2 = "" Then $iArgb2 = 0xFFFF0000
    If $WrapMode = -1 Then $WrapMode = 0
    $tPoint1 = DllStructCreate("float X;float Y")
    $pPoint1 = DllStructGetPtr($tPoint1)
    DllStructSetData($tPoint1, "X", $iPoint1X)
    DllStructSetData($tPoint1, "Y", $iPoint1Y)
    $tPoint2 = DllStructCreate("float X;float Y")
    $pPoint2 = DllStructGetPtr($tPoint2)
    DllStructSetData($tPoint2, "X", $iPoint2X)
    DllStructSetData($tPoint2, "Y", $iPoint2Y)
    $aRet = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipCreateLineBrush", "ptr", $pPoint1, "ptr", $pPoint2, "int", $iArgb1, "int", $iArgb2, "int", $WrapMode, "int*", 0)
    Return $aRet[6]
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_CreateLineBrush

#region WinAPIEx.au3 functions
Func _WinAPI_RegOpenKey($hKey, $sSubKey = '', $iAccess = 0x000F003F)
    Local $Ret = DllCall('advapi32.dll', 'long', 'RegOpenKeyExW', 'ulong_ptr', $hKey, 'wstr', $sSubKey, 'dword', 0, 'dword', $iAccess, 'ulong_ptr*', 0)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Else
        If $Ret[0] Then
            Return SetError(1, $Ret[0], 0)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return $Ret[5]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_RegOpenKey

Func _WinAPI_GetErrorMessage($iCode, $iLanguage = 0)
    Local $Ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'dword', 'FormatMessageW', 'dword', 0x1000, 'ptr', 0, 'dword', $iCode, 'dword', $iLanguage, 'wstr', '', 'dword', 4096, 'ptr', 0)
    If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, '')
    EndIf
    Return StringRegExpReplace($Ret[5], '[' & @LF & ',' & @CR & ']*\Z', '')
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_GetErrorMessage

Func _WinAPI_RegNotifyChangeKeyValue($hKey, $iFilter, $fSubtree = 0, $fAsync = 0, $hEvent = 0)
    Local $Ret = DllCall('advapi32.dll', 'long', 'RegNotifyChangeKeyValue', 'ulong_ptr', $hKey, 'int', $fSubtree, 'dword', $iFilter, 'ptr', $hEvent, 'int', $fAsync)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Else
        If $Ret[0] Then
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_RegNotifyChangeKeyValue

Func _WinAPI_RegCloseKey($hKey, $fFlush = 0)
    If $fFlush Then
        If Not _WinAPI_RegFlushKey($hKey) Then
            Return SetError(1, @extended, 0)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Local $Ret = DllCall('advapi32.dll', 'long', 'RegCloseKey', 'ulong_ptr', $hKey)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Else
        If $Ret[0] Then
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_RegCloseKey

Func _WinAPI_RegFlushKey($hKey)
    Local $Ret = DllCall('advapi32.dll', 'long', 'RegFlushKey', 'ulong_ptr', $hKey)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Else
        If $Ret[0] Then
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_RegFlushKey
#endregion

This is only a proof of concept and tested on Win7x64 with Aero enabled!

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

• Moderators

Garp99HasSpoken,

It works fine for me: Vista x32 SP2 with v3.3.8.1. and v3.3.9.4. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Garp99HasSpoken,

Probably a Vista+ requirement for one of the functions used. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Malkey's example works properly in my WinXP VM. I would use 0x123456 instead of 0xABCDEF as the transparent color to avoid hard edges.

Br,

UEZ