AutoIt Script Cleaner

grzesiek

I would like to share with you a program which does similar tasks to Obfuscator, but not in the same way and has some other features. Here is the description of the program:

The program can be used to clean, optimize and obfuscate an AutoIt script before using it, before compilation. A file with the whole program script is created, with added functions from UDFs. Changes in the script should be made in the original script.

Only functions and global variables used in the script are added from UDFs, instead of adding whole files. When adding a global variable, if possible, the variable name withing the script is replaced with the value assigned to the variable during declaration, instead of declaring the variable. Unneeded data are removed from the script. The names of functions and variables are shortened. Recycling of variables is performed - no longer used variables are reused instead of creating new variables. This way the script will work efficiently, use less computer resources, less space. The program also replaces in the script @ScriptLineNumber with the line number, this way also after compilation the line number is returned.

It is likely that your script will not immediately work with this program, the script has to be compatible with the program. Please read the informations in the program before starting to clean the script.

The program does a lot of operations and is written in AutoIt, so it slows down the processing of the script.

You do not have to pay to use the program, but if you want you can make a donation.

Here is the link to download the program: https://sites.google.com/site/programs1131/programs/autoitscriptcleaner/AutoIt%20Script%20Cleaner.zip

Edited by grzesiek

Sound's a little like the obfuscator used with the "/so" parameter, can you explain what you mean by this statement "names of used variables are replaced with values or declarations of those variables are added", I'm having a little trouble understanding it.

Edited by ApudAngelorum

When using a constant variable declared in a library, the program can replace the variable name within the script with the value assigned to the variable, instead of adding a declaration, thus highly reduce the number of declared variables.

That's a bad idea, what if, down the line those constant values change? Now you're stuck with a wrong value assigned to where a variable was before.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

It is an interesting project, somewhat an obfuscator which does not hide the values of the variables.

Recycling of variables is performed - no longer used variables are re-used instead of creating new variables.

How do you determine whether a variable can be reused?

That's a bad idea, what if, down the line those constant values change? Now you're stuck with a wrong value assigned to where a variable was before.

Constants cannot change. Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

The values that the constants refer to in the xxConstants.au3 files can change, and if you've run this program on your script, and it's converted the old values to "magic numbers" instead of leaving the variables where they were, you now have values that don't work.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The values that the constants refer to in the xxConstants.au3 files can change, and if you've run this program on your script, and it's converted the old values to "magic numbers" instead of leaving the variables where they were, you now have values that don't work.

I cannot agree with that. Once you have converted your script you do not access the includes anymore. The "magic numbers" are perfectly fine for the version of the UDFs integrated in your script. If you want to make changes use the original script, and when you are finished perform the merge again. Then you get the correct new constants for the changed functions.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I suppose it's on the same lines as using Macros e.g. #define, #ifdef etc..

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I cannot agree with that. Once you have converted your script you do not access the includes anymore. The "magic numbers" are perfectly fine for the version of the UDFs integrated in your script. If you want to make changes use the original script, and when you are finished perform the merge again. Then you get the correct new constants for the changed functions.

We agree to disagree, I will never think this is a good idea.

$GUI_EVENT_CLOSE is constantly -3 and never changes (unless done so by the user) so I can't see a problem changing this Global variable to it's subsequent value of -3. Or did I miss the point?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Or did I miss the point?

Doesn't seem like it, but the problem is that the OP explains this in a cryptic tongue, confusing me and the majority of everyone else here, you have a gift, obviously you can translate very well for these kinds of people.

Edited by ApudAngelorum

I tried your program with AutoIt Windows Screenshooter v1.43 Build 2012-02-16 Final but the result is not working. A lot of errors (already declared/assigned) when trying to start the optimized script.

Beside that it took a long time to optimize the script.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

I tried to tackle this program a second time without any result I'm afraid. I'm just curious as to why this can't be standalone? In that I run it, select the AutoIt file and voila it outputs a new AutoIt script.

UDF List:

I just tried the program and was surprised that it added itself to the right click context menu.

Actually, I was more surprised that the context menu entry did not appear so that I could begin to optimize various scripts..

Also, I noticed that you didn't actually just delete autoit's default icon, you replaced it with the shell32 default application icon... if you just delete the icon, windows will automatically assign your binary that specific icon you included, there's no need to include it with your application.

Seems like the download has been taken down, page not found error on the download page. Both the english and polish versions have been taken down.

• 2 months later...

The program is again available. I improved the program, added more description, also the cleaning process takes now a bit less time. It took me a while but it was a lot of work. I think the program works good right now, but there still may be some problems which I did not spot. I updated the first post.

Also, I noticed that you didn't actually just delete autoit's default icon, you replaced it with the shell32 default application icon... if you just delete the icon, windows will automatically assign your binary that specific icon you included, there's no need to include it with your application.

The system icon is used only when I remove all icons, so I would now be able to use any icons.

How do you determine whether a variable can be reused?

The program checks the positions of variables, the type of the variable, and by this knows if the variable can be reused.

Sorry for late reply.