Newbie Question - Creating one EXE file from 3 files.

I can't find this in the FAQ.

I have recently come across AutoIT. I was wondering if it is possible to create one EXE file from 3 files using AutoIT for running on Windows XP PCs. The 3 files would be a batch file to be run first and then an MSI file and a Transform file. Thanks in advance for any replies.

My understanding of a transform file is that it is like a pre-configured install. is that right?

I can't see any reason why you couldn't do this using Run(). This will allow you to do pretty much anything that you could do in a command window, so you can run .bat, msiexec /i etc

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

• Moderators

Hi, Micknet, welcome to the forum. You can use FileInstall() to embed all three files into your script, to be deposited on the target system when you want them. Fair warning, though, if it is a large MSI it could greatly slow your script down. As far as the batch file, I would suggest reexamining the need for it at all. Anything you can do in a batch file you can do natively in AutoIt (one less file to worry about).

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!