Database SQLite

Hi,

we did use Version 3.3.6.1 and we have included SQLite.au3 and SQLite.dll.au3. Like:

#include <SQLite.au3>

#include <SQLite.dll.au3>

Now we changed to 3.3.8.1. It seems that the file SQLite.dll.au3 doesn't contain the database code anymore. Isn't the database included anymore in 3.3.8.1? Did we make somethign wrong? Do we need to change our code?

What we noticed:

Size of SQLite.dll.au3 in 3.3.6.1: 2273 KB

Size of SQLite.dll.au3 in 3.3.8.1: 1 KB

And the created .exe-files are also much smaller in 3.3.8.1!?

Regards

dolphins

Edited by dolphins

Due to their large size, sqlite3.dll and sqlite3_x64.dll aren't part of the distribution anymore.

If you don't have the dll available at the searched places, including SQLite.dll.au3 and invoking _SQLite_Startup will download the latest dll suitable for your platform (32- or 64-bit) from AutoIt repository. It only occurs once for a given machine, but the code will track sqlite versions and update if required.

You can also download the DLL yourself and install it (them) if you're going to distribute your application (to keep download pressure low on the AutoIt repository). You can FileInstall the right DLL.

I recommend you use the latest SQLite DLL.

If something is not clear, just post again.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

The problem we have right now is like this:

We deployed the AutoIt programs to our customers. And now one customer get an error message, that the Database DLL can't be loaded ... Until now it is only 1 customer that is getting that error.

So, if I understand you correctly, it should be like this:

We compiled the au3 source to exe with 3.3.8.1 and the included SQLite.dll.au3 was only 1 KB size. Now we deploeyd that exe files to the customer. When the customer starts the AutoIt exe files, when it come to the _SQLite_Startup command, the needed Database DLL will automatically be downloaded from the Internet and saved to the PC? Did I got it right?

But then I wonder why it doesn't work at the customer!?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Edited by dolphins

What I did find out: On the customer PC there is still the sqlite3.dll in the WindowsSystem32 folder from our previous deployment. I also tried to copy the sqlite3.dll to the script folder, but it still can't load the Database DLL. ;)

As I said if you distribute the application it would be better to FileInstall the DLL. This way you're certain that the application is self-contained and this will put less massive download pressure on the AutoIt repository. In that case, just omit including SQLite.dll.au3 altogether.

About sites where the download didn't work, it may be due to AutoIt site being busy or client' firewall or something.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Thanks!!!

Now it is working. What I did:

I included SQLite3.dll and SQLite3_x64.dll (from the repository) in the "Setup" and copied them in my installation script into the script folder of the installed AutoIt programs (depending on 32-/64-bit OS). And I removed the include-line of "SQLite.dll.au3". That's it!

Best Regards

dolphins