c,c++,c#

armoros

Hey people may sound stupid for some,but realy whats the difference between these 3 languages

should somebody start from c# or is better to learn all.

and something else, c# has other name......

And, are any non-english people that learn a © language from english books or sites..

Do you thing that is better to go to a school to learn these languages,or you can learn from online sources.

And if somebody can tell some steps or ways to how someone is better to study and learn one language. with out get lost....

Thanks for any advice..

" have sympathy for the noob "

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"] [/font]

Difference between the languages: Best way to answer this is to tell you the similarities.... They all use {} for blocks and ; to end lines of code. That is pretty much what belonging to the C family means, you use those characters and have a vaguely similar syntax to C.

In terms of which to use, what do you want to code?

User interface applications on windows only: C# (which doesn't have any other names as far as I am aware).

General coding: C++

time-critical, realtime or non-PC programming: C

Of course you could use C for general programming, you can use C for windows UI programs as well. Those are just general guidelines for where those languages excel.

Learn all three? Not really necessary, but you can if you want. Just make sure you learn them properly and don't try to apply C principles to C++ code and vice versa. Each language has a different way to approach problems that you need to consider, or else you'll learn bad habits, which is not constructive learning.

In terms of learning them, from experience C# has the shortest learning curve. Get visual studio, and you could be making windows applications in an afternoon. Spend a bit of time learning how to use the documentation on msdn effectively and you'll be able to write full programs within a week or two. C++ takes the longest (in my opinion anyway) as it is a far more complex language than C, however, it is far more powerful. C is easy if you understand computing at a low level.

Books are recommended for all, but not as necessary for C# as the visual studio is brilliant and .NET is very well documented. Books mean you get taught the basics properly. Teach yourself from online sources and you get all sorts of opinions and stuff that mean you code badly, or not idiomatically for that language. Books also mean you don't get lost, as there is only one reference point. Non-english books should be available for all three. The best books will probably have translations I guess. There is a thread at the top of developer chat on C(++) books and sites.

In conclusion: Pick one based on requirements, get a good book, get a good ide, program lots then post it on some forum with some old timers who will gladly tell you how crap your code is (because it will be to begin with).

And we were all noobs at some point. Just remember to accidentally delete old projects every now and then so you don't have to remember just how bad you were.

Edited by Mat

• Moderators

Mat,

Just remember to accidentally delete old projects every now and then so you don't have to remember just how bad you were

Best bit of general coding advice I have seen here for a quite a while! ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Difference between the languages: Best way to answer this is to tell you the similarities.... They all use {} for blocks and ; to end lines of code. That is pretty much what belonging to the C family means, you use those characters and have a vaguely similar syntax to C.

And we were all noobs at some point. Just remember to accidentally delete old projects every now and then so you don't have to remember just how bad you were.

Really i apreciate your advices Mat , unfortunatelly i am student in an athletic school so there are not any true classes on computers, and buy programing books in greek language with out have help from school its very dificult to learn,so im trying to learn in english language and from online sources.. Believe me although greek is my native lang i find it more easy to learn in english...

Anyway thank you for the advice again your a nice person.

I'll go for VB-c#, ofcourse after i learn how to script with Autoit first ;)

A looong time ago I've used a little bit VB, but I didn't like the syntax at all.

C# however, I use everyday.

It's syntax is easy, lots of help and info around the web and it's easy to learn.

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

Yeah i download sharpdevelop and im trying it..

thats funny month ago i didn't have a clue about programing :)

and after Autoit i want to learn everything.... :D

If i ever succed in programming i will definetely own it to Autoit ;)

sorry my english grammar sucks (but sucks is correct )

Edited by armoros

You will like Visual Studio Express more.

Oh thats nice i will download it too but i must find an old version cause the wont run in my pc (xp sp3-512mb)

thanks Manadar

• 3 weeks later...

And if somebody can tell some steps or ways to how someone is better to study and learn one language. with out get lost....

You should learn C++ first, as it is actually quite easy to get the basics, Here is a series of tutorials that helped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyVhn0FWWB4&feature=relmfu
Edited by Dasttann777
Check out my new site!Current Projects:[list][*]Hunter Console - A Small Gadget[*]HunterPad - Basic Notepad aimed at Programmers[*]Betters UP! - Betting Game[/list]

You should learn C++ first, as it is actually quite easy to get the basics, Here is a series of tutorials that helped:

Oh that is amazing Dasttann777 thank you very much mate...;)