Recursion Level has been excedeed

I'm having problems with my script, it uses the same variable many times and eventually stop working when it reaches the limit, which is 65535.

I made the script so that it stops when we reach what I want, through the "IF" and "ELSE", it changes the variable that precedes it, ie:

( GUICreate blablabla ...)

$msg = GUIGetMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE = (bla bla bla...)

$verify = 0
Search_in()

Func Search_in()
If $verify = 0 Then
If $variable = $input1 Then
       ;;[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]this part[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]makes[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]the search[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4], I will not[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]because it can be[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]put[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]against the rules[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]of the community[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]...[/size][/font][/color]
Else
$variable = $variable+1
Search_in()
EndIf   ; closed part which prevents the repetition cycle

Now the annoying part is when I put him to work it will crash when you arrive in item 65535 and will give an error, when he should go to something close to one million, I know that is an absurd but it is necessary so that my software will not fail to show any of the results (are many)...

If someone can give me an example of how to increase or remove this limiter at least when passing the script to executable, help me a lot ;)

Sorry for my bad English, I do not speak that language very well, and that is why I am suffering so much to find answers to my question ...

I hope they can understand me '-'

if you exceed this limit, you are doing something wrong.

and your code is not enough to track down the problem.

Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

Not able to tell, with the snippet you provided, but if you aren't ever going to 'return' a variable that is = to $input1, then you will continue to call function 'search_in' indefinatly, which you are only able to do up to the max recursion number you found above.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

• Moderators

Washingtonhdmf,

You say in that snippet:

;;this part makes the search, I will not because it can be put against the rules of the community

So as you admit that you are not following our Forum Rules - why should we help you? ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

if you exceed this limit, you are doing something wrong.

and your code is not enough to track down the problem.

actuallyI'm absolutely surethat thecode is correct, becauseif he had nothe wouldreturnanyother error,well, I'lltry to explainbetter,my codedoes a search, andthe results ofthis searchwill bebased on theirprevious ones,it willfirstcheck thevalue against thesecond, the secondfrom the third,andfourthto thethird,andfourthto thefifth.For this, heuses"IF"and "ELSE"for each of thefivevalues ​​entered,so ifthe orderis correct, it passesaprathe next step, otherwiseit resets thescript,amswith thegiveninitial value+ 1.he repeats the processseveral times,until you reach afinallsita,so far so good,the problem is thatthe variable needs tochange manytimes, eachtime the cyclerepeats itself,thelimit is reachedthe program givesthis error.The solutionIwouldcreate thescriptand add morevariables, sowilluse the firstuntil you getclose to the limitand thencontinue with the other,but thiswill requiresome 15working days...well, Ihoped someonehad alreadyadded an optioninorder tochange thisautoitlimtieaccording toneed,italready exists?

use a for or while loop then.

Do you actually look what your post looks like after you press reply? Please fix your space bar.

Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

Washingtonhdmf,

You say in that snippet:

So as you admit that you are not following our Forum Rules - why should we help you? ;)

M23

Administrator,this will depend onthe point of view...Notbecause whatI postedwassomething normalfor someandotherswouldinflictthe rules,anyway, I'm notasking forhelp"toinflictthe rules,"but whetherit is possible tochange thelimit somy programcould flowto the pointthat Iwanted...

Again, sorryfor myhorribleEnglish...

• Moderators

Washingtonhdmf

but whether it is possible to change the limit so my program could flow to the point that I wanted

(with a few spaces added)

The answer to that question is "No" - the limit is there to prevent stack overflow and major system crashes. You need to fix your code so that you do not recurse to such a level. There are plenty of examples on the forum of how to recurse correctly - and you might want to read the Recursion tutorial in the Wiki. :)

Administrator,this will depend onthe point of view

Correct, and my point of view is that openly admitting that the script for which you are seeking help would fall foul of the Forum rules is the same as actually posting a script that contains the offending code - so this thread ends here. ;)

M23

P.S. And if you post again, please add spaces to make your text readable. :D

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area