LOOP problem can't exit

Hi!! I got a small problem i want to exit the loop when i click on the $cancelbutton the loop continue

i want the $okbutton to start my loop and $cancelbutton to exit the script

CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()

Local $filemenu, $fileitem, $recentfilesmenu

Local $exititem, $helpmenu, $aboutitem, $okbutton, $cancelbutton

Local $msg, $file

GUICreate("AntiSleep Script", 300, 150)

$filemenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File")

$exititem = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $filemenu)

$helpmenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("?")

$aboutitem = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("About", $helpmenu)

$okbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start the AntiSleep Script", 50, 10, 200, 40)

$cancelbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 50, 60, 200, 40)

GUISetState()

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg = $cancelbutton

ExitLoop

Case $msg = $exititem

ExitLoop

Case $msg = $okbutton

; this is where my problem start

do

MouseMove(800, 900)

Sleep (4000)

MouseMove(600, 800)

Sleep (4000)

until $msg = $cancelbutton

ExitLoop

Case $msg = $aboutitem

MsgBox(0, "About", "This Script was created by Eric Boudreau")

EndSelect

WEnd

GUIDelete()

Exit

EndFunc ;==>_Main

You're not allowing the guigetmsg function to set the massage to the variable...

Also, since you seem to be starting at this, try to avoid using while loops and make your learning experience involve more "on event" functions, you'll thank me later.

Edited by ApudAngelorum

Darkanel,

Use "EXIT", not "EXITLOOP" when you want to exit the script.

kylomas

I don't think he wants to exit the script. If he uses Exit, it will close his Gui. I see it as him wanting to go back to Ready or Idle status.

Edit: NM, I misread his request. I thought he wanted to just go back to the interface..

Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

To OP,

What is this for?

Your button title leads me to believe you want people to believe this is to prevent a screen saver to kick in.

jaja, i just noticed that, wtf? it would be weird to create a script to disable a sccreen saver when you casn do that by the right click contect menu and editing screen saver options in the display properties..;

• Moderators

DarkAnel,

try to avoid using while loops and make your learning experience involve more "on event" functions

Not altogether of the same opinion. Choose whichever best suits whatever you are trying to do - which means you need to understand both Event Modes (MessageLoop and OnEvent). ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

this script is to prevent the computer to go sleep, i do alot of computer update and i open a RDP on the user session and sometime the update take alot of time and the session lock because no activity was done on the computer

when you are on a domain you cant do what you want, and where i work we got a GPO if the computer is in idle for 10 minute the session lock and we can't play in the display option to disable the screen saver

and its why i want to generate some activity on the computer with this script

Edited by DarkAnel

jaja, i just noticed that, wtf? it would be weird to create a script to disable a sccreen saver when you casn do that by the right click contect menu and editing screen saver options in the display properties..;

Actually, my subtle point was that clicking a button would already disable a screen saver.

this script is to prevent the computer to go sleep, i do alot of computer update and i open a RDP on the user session and sometime the update take alot of time and the session lock because no activity was done on the computer

when you are on a domain you cant do what you want, and where i work we got a GPO if the computer is in idle for 10 minute the session lock

Sure. And what GPO would this be that you can't just log right back in?

Sure. And what GPO would this be that you can't just log right back in?

Probably just the hassle of having to log back in IMO. We have similar polcies, but it shouldn't hurt what your running in the session though.

this is one of the early scripts I made and still use today ;)

I have a machine I don't want to lock (and can't change the setting) so I have this script running 24/7 and works wonderfully.

Since the mouse only moves just enough to keep the pc from locking, it doesn't interfere with other stuff you are doing.

While 1
$pos = MouseGetPos()
$x = $pos[0]
$y = $pos[1]
If $x<1023/2 And $y<767/2 Then MouseMove($x + 5,$y + 5)
If $x>1023/2 And $y>767/2 Then MouseMove($x - 5,$y - 5)
If $x<1023/2 And $y>767/2 Then MouseMove($x + 5,$y - 5)
If $x>1023/2 And $y<767/2 Then MouseMove($x - 5,$y + 5)
 Sleep(300000)
WEnd

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

This thread stinks of a big pile.

@EndFunc: Yes, logging in would be inconvenient but pressing a button every 10 mins to prevent the screen saver kicking in wouldn't? Why not focus the mouse on the remote host and move the mouse?

@OP: Your job responsibilities are perplexing. You have RDP rights but are asking me you need a user password to log back into your session?

No offence (sincerely) but I am not believing your reason you need help with this script.

this is one of the early scripts I made and still use today ;)

I have a machine I don't want to lock (and can't change the setting) so I have this script running 24/7 and works wonderfully.

Since the mouse only moves just enough to keep the pc from locking, it doesn't interfere with other stuff you are doing.

[autoit]While 1

$pos = MouseGetPos()

$x = $pos[0]

$y = $pos[1]

If $x<1023/2 And $y<767/2 Then MouseMove($x + 5,$y + 5)

If $x>1023/2 And $y>767/2 Then MouseMove($x - 5,$y - 5)

If $x<1023/2 And $y>767/2 Then MouseMove($x + 5,$y - 5)

If $x>1023/2 And $y<767/2 Then MouseMove($x - 5,$y + 5)

Sleep(300000)

WEnd[/autoit

]

thank you tho share you script it will work, but i will not the only one to use this script and its why i want a GUI to start and stop the script

i have do a script with a loop of mousemove with a exit hotkey but if someone start the script and dont know the hotkey, the user need to kill the process its not really good but anyway i pretty sure someone will have a small modification on my script

(sorry for my bad english)

Edited by DarkAnel

Reg2Post, do you even work on computers in a domain? If not, you really shouldn't say anything because you're starting to look silly.

When I'm logged into a computer on any of the domains I work on, they will all lock if the idle time kicks in, and then I HAVE to log back onto the Windows environment because the screensaver password screen is showing. If I don't have the user's password, I'm stuck until I can get in touch with that user. If I RDP into that computer, I'm logged in as myself, but if I use LanDesk, I'm logged into their session, same with Dameware. If this prevents having that happen, then it's useful.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@EndFunc: Yes, logging in would be inconvenient but pressing a button every 10 mins to prevent the screen saver kicking in wouldn't? Why not focus the mouse on the remote host and move the mouse?

@OP: Your job responsibilities are perplexing. You have RDP rights but are asking me you need a user password to log back into your session?

No offence (sincerely) but I am not believing your reason you need help with this script.

OK I HAVE SAID RDP but its to easy understand i use DAMEWARE to do a remote control on a computer and i jump directly in the user session, AND I GOT A GPO, and this gpo lock the computer after 10 minutes, i have try alot of thing but nothing work the mouse need to move..

You should know the only way to have the user password on a domain is to do a password reset, and the user will not loving it...

Oh yeah, i need to tell also i can not mouve the mouse of 20 pc in sametime to generate activity... i just can pray to return on the computer before the end of 10 minutes

Edited by DarkAnel

Reg2Post, do you even work on computers in a domain? If not, you really shouldn't say anything because you're starting to look silly.

When I'm logged into a computer on any of the domains I work on, they will all lock if the idle time kicks in, and then I HAVE to log back onto the Windows environment because the screensaver password screen is showing. If I don't have the user's password, I'm stuck until I can get in touch with that user. If I RDP into that computer, I'm logged in as myself, but if I use LanDesk, I'm logged into their session, same with Dameware. If this prevents having that happen, then it's useful.

Agreed

If you are RDP'd to a server or computer, it will still lock if you are idle. Its just a window. so in order to keep it from locking it must be maximized and activity occurring, e.g. moving the mouse. Also, when you do desktop support often the user leaves you with the PC so that you can do work on it. If you didn't get their password and the computer locks if you step away, then you have to track them down to get it. What if they left for the day? Then you have to wait to finish.

So there are many reasons why someone would like to keep the screensaver from coming on in a domain environment.

Edit:

The same principle applies to Dameware as well. You are still controlling the users local session so you will need to send mouse movements to the Dameware window to keep their computer from locking locally which you are viewing.

Edited by EndFunc