Software written in AutoIt

bvr

I've seen bots for games, cheats for games, little snippets to do daily computer tasks. What I want to see, is complete software written in AutoIt. I'm talking about decent software programs that would normally be programmed in VB or Basic.

The reason? I just want to see the limits of autoit, and interested in seeing some creativity.

This page from the French forum (use Google translate if needed) lists some good programs (many are in english themselves).

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

uhhhhhh... Limits???? In autoit? Yea, right... I for one also thought there were limits in autoit, nah man there's no limits, I believe someone smart once said :" you get out of autoit what put into autoit" and that's undeniably true, for one it might not use asp.net development environment but there's a huge library of pretty much everything you need to create about anything, it's solely up to you. I'm a newbie developer and I am developing software used by meduim to large sized companies, like a databasis for a university that needs to have all their students' information on record, Guesthouse managing software for our local Guesthouses and GuestLodges... and autoit has proven itself a more than worthy development programming language... JUST LOOK AT ALL PROGRAMMERS ON THIS FORUM NEWBIE OR NOT... it's all up to you, it was a lesson I had to learn myself and the bonus is, autoit is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy easy unlike other languages you dont need to go for courses to be able to develop in autoit thats a +100 to autoit...;)

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]

There's another one: Portable Virtual Box It extracts needed files from Virtual-Box setup and makes it 'Portable'. Clearly, AutoIt demonstrates its limitless capabilities here.

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

I made, entirely from scratch, a program that lets me run programs even if they have long complicated parameters by using keyword detection in windows. I also built in security precautions into it to protect my keywords and programs/actions from being seen by unauthorized people.

Edited by Morthawt

• 1 month later...

I've seen bots for games, cheats for games, little snippets to do daily computer tasks. What I want to see, is complete software written in AutoIt. I'm talking about decent software programs that would normally be programmed in VB or Basic.

The reason? I just want to see the limits of autoit, and interested in seeing some creativity.

If you want to see complete software written in autoit, then look more closely at the example scripts section of the forums.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

Lyrictoy was a small tool I wrote in autoit for personal use that got a surprising of amount of downloads from its website,softpedia,various other sites,and even was the subject of a Spanish video posted on youtube. It also made the cover of some I never expected something so small and simple would spread like that.

Edited by FuryCell
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

I've created an enterprise application strictly with AutoIt to process check images into a database.

Unless you've used AutoIt extensively, you don't truly know what you can do with it.

EDIT: Not to mention HP uses autoit to build their driver installers

Edited by mechaflash213
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

• 4 years later...

Just an update: The offline Windows Update Tool is written in AutoIt: http://www.wsusoffline.net/

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Do stories of encountering software written in autoit in the wild count?

Some small company once hired me to maintain a VPS with data mining bots on windows because the previous guy was constantly having to maintain the VPS because the programs he created were unstable and crashing the VPS.

I discovered the programs were autoit scripts.

Being a fan of the language I was quite amused at how much data these three programs were processing, a chain of API requests and SQL queries. One program was constantly making requests to several APIs and got several tens of keys, then passed it to the next program who would make a call for each of those keys, then the next program would create several queries for each of those keys. It was really testing its limits. There was an API call that dealt with having to MD5 hash a key and the guy used a javascript processing program (not even nodejs, ie or whatever else) to run some MD5 hashing code, it would launch that program once a second.. I was surprised the guy wasn't able to recognize an MD5 hashing function in javascript when he saw one yet wrote all these programs.. I told my employer this was the wrong language for the job so I replaced everything with my own stuff but I did keep a version of the autoit bots maintained just because I wanted to see them functioning and doing that job cause I thought it was kinda cute somehow, probably because how elaborate it was using all these components to deal with things he didn't know how to properly deal with. Replaced the JS md5 hashing function and that JS interpreter with a simple "_Crypt_HashData" call, created a logging system to catch where the crash happened and realized after 3 days of running it built a ridiculous SQL query that killed the server and it could run for weeks with no issues after that, but still it was quite laggy compared to its successor so I had to let it die... Autoits limit is it's single threaded and developing functionality to circumvent this can be more costly than doing everything in another language that is well suited for the task.

Edited by Chance