Running as admin

Hi guys! The main reason I came across this program "Autoit" was because I'm trying to run a program, but whenever I run it, it always asks me for the administrator password. Problem is, I don't have the administrator password. So can you please tell me how would I make something to always run the program as administrator. I'm using window xp. I've never coded before, so sorry for any stupid questions.

Thanks!

Hello revipod,

First, Welcome to the AutoIt Forms!

Running as admin is generally as simple as adding this wrapper to the top of your script:

#RequireAdmin

Good Luck and Happy Coding!

Realm

Edit: Typo

Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

Hi guys! The main reason I came across this program "Autoit" was because I'm trying to run a program, but whenever I run it, it always asks me for the administrator password. Problem is, I don't have the administrator password. So can you please tell me how would I make something to always run the program as administrator. I'm using window xp. I've never coded before, so sorry for any stupid questions.

Thanks!

Any good OS isn't going to allow you to run a program with elevated privileges without proper credentials. This means, if you want to run your application under an administrator level account, you'll need to know the password.

I'm not saying that you're intentions are bad, but to ask such a question about elevating your privileges without knowing the admin password just screams big trouble ... on many levels. If you need administrative access to the PC(s), then you need to ask your administrator for the password. If he declines your request, he doesn't want you in his system.