Everytime when you start a program, its icon shows up in the taskbar, like in the picture:

Posted Image

The 'Paint' and 'Excel' programs are running, so appears their icons in the Taskbar. If they aren't running,the taskbar is clean. How can I hide or make to dissapear the icon from another program that shows there ?

I would appreciate any help !

Edited by DeathRow

ObjectCreatInterface() <- helpfile

THANKYOU JOSH ,IT WORKS !

But why in the help file,it says this ? :

Warning: This feature is experimental. It may not work, may contain bugs or may be changed or removed without notice.
DO NOT REPORT BUGS OR REQUEST NEW FEATURES FOR THIS FEATURE.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By UEZ
      I'm searching for a way to set an icon for a system menu entry in the console window. I can add / remove entries but I didn't find a way to set an icon for the entry I made.
      Example:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $id_Test = 5000 Global $hConsole = HWnd(DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetConsoleWindow")[0]) If Not $hConsole Then Exit HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit") Global $hSysmenu = _GUICtrlMenu_GetSystemMenu($hConsole) Global $iCount = _GUICtrlMenu_GetItemCount ($hSysmenu) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hSysmenu, $iCount, "Test", $id_Test) _GDIPlus_Startup() $hBitmap_GDI = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromMemory(_Test(), True) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $hBitmap_GDI = ' & $hBitmap_GDI & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $hBmp1 = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBitmap($hConsole, 0xFF0000, 16, 16) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $hBmp1 = ' & $hBmp1 & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $hBmp2 = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBitmap($hConsole, 0x00FF00, 16, 16) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $hBmp2 = ' & $hBmp2 & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ;ConsoleWrite(_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hSysmenu, $id_Test, $hBitmap_GDI, False) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBitmaps($hSysmenu, $id_Test, $hBmp1, $hBmp2, False) & ", " & @error & @CRLF) ;_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hSysmenu, $id_Test, 8, False) ;set the default close icon _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Do Sleep(1000) Until False Func _Exit() ConsoleWrite("Bye..." & @CRLF) _GUICtrlMenu_DeleteMenu ($hSysmenu, $id_Test, False) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap_GDI) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBmp1) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBmp2) Exit EndFunc ;Code below was generated by: 'File to Base64 String' Code Generator v1.20 Build 2020-06-05 Func _Test($bSaveBinary = False, $sSavePath = @ScriptDir) Local $Test $Test &= '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' $Test &= 'qdfrRmutJp6e4q+tKsbYs3in7+7r65OhoSE9MzNjkiRBt9ttkiRxjTHkcjl3bGxMPYhjSdP0rLvdLt1uF9d1BcDzPHdyclL0yspKuLGxcT0IgkeKxaINgsADXBFxAefEQB4ImNT3/W4Yhk6z2awtLy9H/wPnrsNEnFPl4QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==' Local $bString = _WinAPI_Base64Decode($Test) If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) $bString = Binary($bString) If $bSaveBinary Then Local Const $hFile = FileOpen($sSavePath & "\AutoSave_16x16_04.png", 18) If @error Then Return SetError(2, 0, $bString) FileWrite($hFile, $bString) FileClose($hFile) EndIf Return $bString EndFunc ;==>_Test Func _WinAPI_Base64Decode($sB64String) Local $aCrypt = DllCall("Crypt32.dll", "bool", "CryptStringToBinaryA", "str", $sB64String, "dword", 0, "dword", 1, "ptr", 0, "dword*", 0, "ptr", 0, "ptr", 0) If @error Or Not $aCrypt[0] Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") Local $bBuffer = DllStructCreate("byte[" & $aCrypt[5] & "]") $aCrypt = DllCall("Crypt32.dll", "bool", "CryptStringToBinaryA", "str", $sB64String, "dword", 0, "dword", 1, "struct*", $bBuffer, "dword*", $aCrypt[5], "ptr", 0, "ptr", 0) If @error Or Not $aCrypt[0] Then Return SetError(2, 0, "") Return DllStructGetData($bBuffer, 1) EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_Base64Decode  
      You must compile and run it to see the menu entry in the console window.

Any idea?
    • By Jemboy
      Recently I was working on a script with icons using GuiCtrkCreatIcon.
      I decided to change the sub folder name of the icons to a more meaning name, however made a typo.

I tested the .exe on my test computer and it worked flawlessly (because both icon folder where on my test computer) 😁
      But after I installed the script on the intended computers , I got chaos!😵
      Zooming into the problem, I discovered, that because the icons could not be found, the ControlID were returned with a value of 0
      and thus played havoc within the GuiGetMsg() switch/case statement.
      I have been able to reproduce this  (see example)
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ;============================================================================================================ ; PLEASE, do not save this example in the example folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile ;============================================================================================================ Example() Func Example() GUICreate(" My GUI Icons", 250, 250) $Icon1 = GUICtrlCreateIcon("shell32.dll", 10, 20, 20) $Icon2 = GUICtrlCreateIcon(@ScriptDir & '\Extras\horse.ani', -1, 20, 40, 32, 32) $Icon3 = GUICtrlCreateIcon("shell32.dll", 7, 20, 75, 32, 32) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;$Icon2 = -1 ; ==> When this line is uncommented the script "works", so -1 could be a potential fix. ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $Icon2 Beep (500,500) EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example If you save the above script outside the Autoit example folder and run it, it will keep beeping because GuiCtrlCreatIcon did not find horse.ani and return $Icon2=0.
      At the moment GUICtrlCreateIcon () only returns the conntrolID on success and 0 on failure.
      I would like to propose a return of -1 on failure, so a existing and working script won't go awry when the icon can not be found.

• By nacerbaaziz
      good morning autoit team
      please i need your help
      am trying to make an program that work with hotkeys
      it function is to change the volume to the current application
      e.g when i select the vlc window by using this hotkey i will be able to change the vlc volume with out changing the system volume.
       am able to get the process handle and the process name of the window
      but when am trying to get or set the volume i does not succeded
      i tried to search in this forums but no result.
      can you please guide me to do that.
      am waiting for your answers
      thanks in advanced
    • By newbie2019
      Cannot find example how to locate taskbar icon coordinates or position by window handle.
      I want to use PixelChecksum to check only rectangle area over specified taskbar item.
      Please help.
      What I already have found and succesfully run for whole taskbar area:
      $taskbar = WinGetHandle("[Class:Shell_TrayWnd]") $taskbarPos = WinGetPos($taskbar) $tasklistPos = ControlGetPos($taskbar, "", "[CLASS:MSTaskListWClass; INSTANCE:1]")  $iOldCheckSum = PixelChecksum($taskbarPos[0] + $tasklistPos[0], $taskbarPos[1] + $tasklistPos[1], $taskbarPos[0] + $tasklistPos[2], $taskbarPos[1] + $tasklistPos[3]);
      I know also that I can pass window handle as parameter to PixelChecksum, but don't know how to do this with taskbar icon.

Also I was able to find something similar but seems outdated: WatchWindows

__
      thanks in advance
    • By yffulf
      Is there probably a way to click ie popup button and hide or invisible popup button in the same time?
      I try to use WinSetState @SW_hide ,
      the result is ie crashing or no response because button hide and the next click command won't work...
      $oForm=_IEFormGetObjByName($oIE,"form1") $obutton=_IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm,"btn_OK") $hWnd = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") _IEAction($obutton,"focus") ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{Enter}") WinWait("", "確定存檔嗎?") WinSetState("","確定存檔嗎?",@SW_Hide) ControlClick("", "確定存檔嗎?", "[CLASS:Button; TEXT:確定; Instance:1;]")