[..] Unexpected Result in _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create

Hi,

I recently made a programme wich use multiple _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create, and i think there is a bug in "_GUICtrlRichEdit_Create" function.

With the actual UDF, only one RichEdit can be create in a script.

Because of :

If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $_GRE_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ; Invalid Window handle for _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create 1st parameter

Indeed, before 1st call of this function, $_GRE_sRTFClassName is equal to "", but few lines later in the function, we call :

__GCR_Init()

Wich set $_GRE_sRTFClassName equal to "RichEditX0W" (X change with version)

So, if we made a second call to _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create, _WinAPI_IsClassName must return false because the windows that contains the RichEdit is NOT a RichEdit (paradox ?)

That's why i think

If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $_GRE_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ; Invalid Window handle for _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create 1st parameter
must be deleted from this mothode

By the way, in the same function, there is :

If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iLeft, ">=0") Then Return SetError(103, 0, 0)
If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iTop, ">=0") Then Return SetError(104, 0, 0)

We CAN'T create a RichEdit at negative position !

That must be a "copy/past" mistake

There is my version of the function :

Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hWnd, $sText, $iLeft, $iTop, $iWidth = 150, $iHeight = 150, $iStyle = -1, $iExStyle = -1)
    If Not IsString($sText) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) ; 2nd parameter not a string for _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create

If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iLeft, "") Then Return SetError(103, 0, 0)
    If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iTop, "") Then Return SetError(104, 0, 0)
    If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iWidth, ">0,-1") Then Return SetError(105, 0, 0)
    If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iHeight, ">0,-1") Then Return SetError(106, 0, 0)
    If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iStyle, ">=0,-1") Then Return SetError(107, 0, 0)
    If Not __GCR_IsNumeric($iExStyle, ">=0,-1") Then Return SetError(108, 0, 0)

If $iWidth = -1 Then $iWidth = 150
    If $iHeight = -1 Then $iHeight = 150
    If $iStyle = -1 Then $iStyle = BitOR($ES_WANTRETURN, $ES_MULTILINE)

If BitAND($iStyle, $ES_MULTILINE) <> 0 Then $iStyle = BitOR($iStyle, $ES_WANTRETURN)
    If $iExStyle = -1 Then $iExStyle = 0x200 ;  $DS_FOREGROUND

$iStyle = BitOR($iStyle, $__RICHEDITCONSTANT_WS_CHILD, $__RICHEDITCONSTANT_WS_VISIBLE)
    If BitAND($iStyle, $ES_READONLY) = 0 Then $iStyle = BitOR($iStyle, $__RICHEDITCONSTANT_WS_TABSTOP)

Local $nCtrlID = __UDF_GetNextGlobalID($hWnd)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)

__GCR_Init()

Local $hRichEdit = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx($iExStyle, $_GRE_sRTFClassName, "", $iStyle, $iLeft, $iTop, $iWidth, _
            $iHeight, $hWnd, $nCtrlID)
    If $hRichEdit = 0 Then Return SetError(700, 0, False)

__GCR_SetOLECallback($hRichEdit)
    _SendMessage($hRichEdit, $__RICHEDITCONSTANT_WM_SETFONT, _WinAPI_GetStockObject($DEFAULT_GUI_FONT), True)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendText($hRichEdit, $sText)
    Return $hRichEdit
EndFunc   ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_Create
_GUIRegisterMsg (Register more than 1 time the same Msg), _Resize_Window (GUICtrlSetResizing for children windows), _GUICtrlSetOnHover (Link a function when mouse go on, left, clic down, clic up, on a control), _InputHeure (Create an input for hour contain), _GUICtrlCalendar (Make a complete calendar), _GUICtrlCreateGraphic3D (Create a 3D graph), _ArrayEx.au3 (Array management), _GUIXViewEx.au3 (List/Tree View management).

You'll find that line (If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $_GRE_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ) in every function in the GUICtrlRichEdit UDF. Unless you're only allowed one RE control per GUI for some unmentioned reason, that line shouldn't be there because the $hWnd you're passing it in the function is the GUI handle, and not the RE handle. You should probably open a Trac ticket on this in the Bug Tracker to have someone take a look at it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Done : http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/2187

_GUIRegisterMsg (Register more than 1 time the same Msg), _Resize_Window (GUICtrlSetResizing for children windows), _GUICtrlSetOnHover (Link a function when mouse go on, left, clic down, clic up, on a control), _InputHeure (Create an input for hour contain), _GUICtrlCalendar (Make a complete calendar), _GUICtrlCreateGraphic3D (Create a 3D graph), _ArrayEx.au3 (Array management), _GUIXViewEx.au3 (List/Tree View management).

This seems like a duplicate of #2077 that was fixed in AutoIt 3.3.9.0.

Incidentally, the ticket guidelines tell you this when you create a ticket:

Test the reproduction script with both the latest stable and latest beta versions of AutoIt. Check the links to ensure you have the latest versions, AutoIt is updated frequently.

Which I suspect you missed/ignored.

My mistake, i only check "Open bugs" not "fixed bugs" ;)

Sorry...

My mistake, i only check "Open bugs" not "fixed bugs" ;)

Sorry...

I rather meant for you to download and run your code, or read the changelog, but whatever fits your fancy I guess.

Somebody close that bug report if it's not a bug.

I don't know. The positional check could be discussed (although it should probably be in it's own ticket, but people are already discussing it there).