Getting Input Box Handle?

Hi there guys, I'm working on a simple program that has a list of all my accounts like email, facebook, school grades, etc.and all i have to do is click on the gui and itll log me on automatically to the desired account. I have the username and password stored in my autoit file and I can log on just fine but only by manually moving the mouse or by tabbing a lot to select the box; however I want to know if i can just get the name of the input box and place the focus on that?

if i didnt explain well just denote it below and i'll try again(: thanks

Discussing auto-logon methods for websites is frowned upon here as they could be used in creating auto-posters(spam) or bots (spam). I guess they'd rather the next person arrested for sending out 300,000 "Cheapest Canadian Pharmacy!" emails per day, or that the bot spewing "18/f I'm bored and undressing on cam now!" in yahoo chat weren't a result of programs written using AutoIt.

I saw your other thread where you express that you're not up to "no good", assuming your good faith, I will say posts regarding obtaining control info and interacting with them are not hard to find via the forum search.

Edit: It's kind of like buying a bong in some states (not implying that you or I would do, or have ever done, such a thing). You cannot utter words like "weed" or "pot" or by law they can no longer sell it to you, since it is intended to be used for tobacco products only ;)

Edited by Spiff59

• Moderators

carlosale214,

Spiff59 has already explained so you will not be surprised that this thread is now locked. :)

I would further caution against having all your usernames and passwords stored in an AutoIt script (even compiled) as they would be far from secure. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area