AutoIt and HyperTerminal

I'm using Hyperterminal in my company to receive data via a mobile phone connected

to a Psion device. The Hyperterminal application uses the "Exclamation" Windows

sound to alert incoming calls which I need to configure to another sound but this

has a global effect which is not satisfactory by our client.

Is it possible to produce a script with AutoIt which could trigger a Hyperterminal

incoming call and loop a specific wav file to alert the user of an incoming call?

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

Kind regards,

Panos

AutoIt Rules!!!...

I'm using Hyperterminal in my company to receive data via a mobile phone connected

to a Psion device. The Hyperterminal application uses the "Exclamation" Windows

sound to alert incoming calls which I need to configure to another sound but this

has a global effect which is not satisfactory by our client.

Is it possible to produce a script with AutoIt which could trigger a Hyperterminal

incoming call and loop a specific wav file to alert the user of an incoming call?

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

Kind regards,

Panos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lo-tech solution: couldn't you just disable the sound in HT and put a ringtone on the phone? As far as playing with HT programatically, you may want to check the scripts and scraps section to see if someone has some UDF's already...

@cameronsdad

> couldn't you just disable the sound in HT and put a ringtone on the phone?

Unfortunately there is no phone but just a phone line. Using a splitter on the modem in order to have a phone as well confuses HT in the current situation making the data transfer impossible.

> As far as playing with HT programatically, you may want to check the scripts and scraps section to see if someone has some UDF's already...

Any help on that? All I need practically is (after disabling the HT sound) to have AutoIt trigger the change in the state of HT from "waiting for a call" to "connecting" and then play a custom wav file. Or probably even easier have AutoIt trigger the pup-up window displaying the data being transferred and play the custom sound (less desirable though since the connection has already being made at this stage). I'm sure it's not very difficult but I'm new to AutoIt and I just need a starting script to play with! :):evil:

Problem is that the indication of the connection state is located at the bottom left corner of HT and not over the window title.

Edited by pdavit
AutoIt Rules!!!...

@cameronsdad

> couldn't you just disable the sound in HT and put a ringtone on the phone?

Unfortunately there is no phone but just a phone line. Using a splitter on the modem in order to have a phone as well confuses HT in the current situation making the data transfer impossible.

> As far as playing with HT programatically, you may want to check the scripts and scraps section to see if someone has some UDF's already...

Any help on that? All I need practically is (after disabling the HT sound) to have AutoIt trigger the change in the state of HT from "waiting for a call" to "connecting" and then play a custom wav file. Or probably even easier have AutoIt trigger the pup-up window displaying the data being transferred and play the custom sound (less desirable though since the connection has already being made at this stage). I'm sure it's not very difficult but I'm new to AutoIt and I just need a starting script to play with! :):evil:

Problem is that the indication of the connection state is located at the bottom left corner of HT and not over the window title.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if it's in the status bar, you can use StatusBarGetText() to check it...