How to use IE without GUI?

How would I load some text or html without a GUI? I don't want the GUI at all....

That's not making much sense, web browsers are designed to display pretty colors and text depending on the instruction is gets, so are you saying that you'd like to handle the html/css yourself (I.E., get a web pages source) or what exactly do you mean?

My best guess is you're probably going to end up needing to use the winhttp UDF, google it.

That's not making much sense, web browsers are designed to display pretty colors and text depending on the instruction is gets, so are you saying that you'd like to handle the html/css yourself (I.E., get a web pages source) or what exactly do you mean?

My best guess is you're probably going to end up needing to use the winhttp UDF, google it.

Yes, I want it to cover over Mozilla so that it looks like it is Mozilla, but it is actually like a modified mozilla. It is like an external mod for Mozilla. So that is why I don't need a GUI....

Do I really need winhttp?

I don't even need it to connect online. I just want it to read from a local html / text file and display it.

Edited by miketh2005

I want it to cover over Mozilla so that it looks like it is Mozilla, but it is actually like a modified mozilla. It is like an external mod for Mozilla.

You are lunatic as well yes? That is crazy talk, downgrading firefox.

This cannot be done because the firefox web browser controls will not be able to tell the internet explorer window what it should do, you'd have a better chance installing a theme for firefox that will make it look like IE, there are plenty.

You are lunatic as well yes? That is crazy talk, downgrading firefox.

This cannot be done because the firefox web browser controls will not be able to tell the internet explorer window what it should do, you'd have a better chance installing a theme for firefox that will make it look like IE, there are plenty.

You don't understand what I want to do. ;)

I don't want a theme, I want a mod. I want mozilla to be able to recognize local files as my own customizable URLs. I don't want to use mozilla's web browser controls or Mozilla's UI, I just want my browser to look like mozilla. Navigation will be by local URLs within the html file.

I know how I want to do this. I just want to overlay the webpage over Mozilla. That's why I can't have the GUI.

Edited by miketh2005

Design the controls to suit your taste...

#include 
#include 
#include 

_IEErrorHandlerRegister ()

$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()
GUICreate("Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580, _
(@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, _
$WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 600, 360)
$GUI_Button_Back = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back", 10, 420, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Forward = GUICtrlCreateButton("Forward", 120, 420, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Home = GUICtrlCreateButton("Home", 230, 420, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 340, 420, 100, 30)

GUISetState() ;Show GUI

_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.autoitscript.com")

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
Select
Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
ExitLoop
Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Home
_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.autoitscript.com")
Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Back
_IEAction ($oIE, "back")
Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Forward
_IEAction ($oIE, "forward")
Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Stop
_IEAction ($oIE, "stop")
EndSelect
WEnd

GUIDelete()

Exit
Edited by Bellicus

You don't understand what I want to do.

I don't want a theme, I want a mod. I want mozilla to be able to recognize local files as my own customizable URLs. I don't want to use mozilla's web browser controls or Mozilla's UI, I just want my browser to look like mozilla. Navigation will be by local URLs within the html file.

I know how I want to do this. I just want to overlay the webpage over Mozilla. That's why I can't have the GUI.

What is Mozilla, are you referring to Firefox when you say that? And why can't you do this without a mod as you say? Usually people create html files to be used locally by just using a url that will point to another file or they'll just create a help.chm file which I don't know how to do yet.

The confusion come with your statement that implies you'd like to use internet explorer inside Mozilla (whatever that is). And Mozilla is the company that helps develop Firefox, why do you call firefox Mozilla?

• Moderators

Hi, Edgaras. Yes this is possible, but please do not hijack other poster's thread, or we'll never get around to answering the OP's question ;) The best thing you can do to get your questions answered is to start a topic of your own. Be sure to include a DETAILED description of what you are trying to do, and be sure you've looked through the help file before posting. Then, we will do our very best to help you overcome any hurdles you encounter in your script.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!