File Repair Alternative

Hello,

I have a little dilema.

I have an installation that is corrupt after an update. I would like to be able to repair this using AutoIt. If I "right click" on any file in Windows Explorer, it will fix the repair the installation and continue the final configuration. I have looked at the MouseClick option, but not sure I want to do it this way.

Any ideas on how to trigger this repair?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Hey Im not getting you correctly maybe

But Till I understood this may help u out

MouseClick('Right',-1,-1,1,0)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

• Moderators

Hi, dthmtlgod. If right-clicking gives you a repair option, it sounds as though the application was installed through Windows Installer (MSI). If this is the case, I would suggest checking the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall. Look through the keys until you find the application in question. Once you have it, you can run the following to repair the installation:

ShellExecuteWait("msiexec.exe", '/fav "<KeyName>" /qn')

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!