autoit - notepad countline

Hello,

I have a question. I have never used autoit for sth else besides IE.

I am trying to accomplish sth but i dont even know where to start.

I got this simple code.

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")
ControlSetText("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", "Edit1", "Hello"&@CRLF&"Hello"&@CRLF&"Hello"&@CRLF&"Hello"&@CRLF&"Hello")

What i want to do is to count the lines and then check them one-by-one to see if there are two or more lines with the same text.

Thanks in advance

Edited by ileandros

I feel nothing.It feels great.

Look at the Help file for guidance. Use _FileListToArray to enumerate through the file line by line.

Edit: Sorry _FileReadToArray

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

_FileReadToArray, sorry about that, I was multi-tasking at the time.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

$sRead = ControlGetText(.. your parameters here)
$aSplit = StringSplit($sRead, Chr(10)) ; or StringSplit($sRead, @CRLF)

Something like this?

Edited by AlmarM

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

Actually, do you want to read from a file or Notepad directly?

AlmarM's version will read from Notepad and mine will read from a file.

UDF List:

I can see, but why use Notepad? Seems a little primitive to me when AutoIt can read/write to a file.

UDF List:

Just wanted to try so i will work on it and dont ask from you people to do everything for me.

What i am doind is taking a text from a window ControlGetTest() and the display it.

I want to get that text and display it to check if there are lines with the same text inside.

Ok but since we managed to display the text how am i gonna check every line one-by-one for lines with same text???

P.s. guiness your were right i dont know why i was using notepad since autoit can read them ;)

Guess i wanted to see it first at the notepad

Edited by ileandros

If you've got an array, you can loop through it and do an _ArraySearch for each value from the next one until the end.

Simple example:

Dim $array[6] = [5, "a", "b", "c", "a", "d"]
For $i = 0 To $array[0]
    If _ArraySearch($array, $array[$i], $i + 1) > 0 Then MsgBox(0,"Found duplicate!", "Line: " & $i & @CRLF $array[$i])
Next

I guess that there are more efficient ways to do this... e.g. sorting the array first and then comparing the next value in the loop...

Edit: Well here it is:

Dim $array[6] = [5, "a", "b", "c", "a", "d"]
_ArraySort($array)
For $i = 0 To $array[0] -1
    If $array[$i] = $array[$i+1] Then ConsoleWrite( "Line: " & $i & @TAB & $array[$i])
Next

Note: use "==" instead of "=" to compare case sensitive!

Edited by hannes08
Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

Also take a look at the String functions in the help file. Such as

StringInStr
StringCompare
StringLen
Edited by AlmarM

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

if the lines you are looking for are identical then it's a simple matter of reading the file to an array and using _ArrayUnique() on it.

If you are looking only for lines that contain certain text then do it with a regular expression.

Also there is another function named _ArrayFindAll() that will return an array of the elements that contain a given string if you use a partial match.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I runned hannes and Geo's scripts but they dont find if there are lines in the array with the excactly the same text inside....

they just display the script line by line.

Although i could make Alarm comands work right because they return resault 0

In the text i am displaying there are lines with the same text inside

Edited by ileandros

Well, it depends, on what result you want to have ...

I can see if you run your script like the first example it will return all lines:

"Hello"&@CRLF&"Hello"&@CRLF&"Hello"&@CRLF&"Hello"&@CRLF&"Hello"

I didn't test my script with a big array but from what I can see it returns the lines, that are duplicate, right?

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

if the lines you are looking for are identical then it's a simple matter of reading the file to an array and using _ArrayUnique() on it.

If you are looking only for lines that contain certain text then do it with a regular expression.

Also there is another function named _ArrayFindAll() that will return an array of the elements that contain a given string if you use a partial match.

This code should be working???

#include <Array.au3>
if WinExists("test") Then
Local $sRead = ControlGetText("test","","RichEdit20W1")
$array = StringSplit($sRead, Chr(10))
EndIf
Local $aiResult = _ArrayFindAll($array,0)
_ArrayDisplay($array)
_ArrayDisplay($aiResult, "Results of searching for 0 in $avArray")

This should return and find only the doublicated but it doesnt.... Any ideas why?