multi-dimensional array to single-dimension array

What method do the popular kids use to pick a column from a 2d array and make it into its own single array?

I put all the file names and dates into a 2d array, sorted them, and now I want to just output the filenames into its own array.

Or is there a different method I should be using?

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

just loop over the column index I want and output it into another array?

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Yes, give it a try and if you get stuck show what you have and we'll point you in the right direction.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

simple enough. thanks.

Spoiler

Used to accept file drops, reorganize them by date descending, then just the filenames are put into its own array. Later it will get called by PrimoPDF (if a non-pdf file) to convert it to a PDF, then the output file gets called by ghostscript to be appended to a master document =D

I'm using the arraydisplay as a visual for the user.

Thanks for the help.

Global $asCmdLine[999][3]
$x = 0
$y = 0
For $files in $CmdLine
    If $x = 0 Then
        $x+=1
    Else
        $asCmdLine[$y][0] = $files
            $asFileTime = FileGetTime($files, 0, 0)
            $iYear = $asFileTime[0]
            $iMonth = $asFileTime[1]
            $iDay = $asFileTime[2]
            $iHour = $asFileTime[3]
            $iMinute = $asFileTime[4]
            $iSecond = $asFileTime[5]
            $sMonth = _Calc_Month($iMonth, 1)
        $asCmdLine[$y][1] = "Date: " & $sMonth & "-" & $iDay & "-" & $iYear & " --- " & "Time: " & $iHour & ":" & $iMinute & "." & $iSecond
        $asCmdLine[$y][2] = FileGetTime($files, 0, 1)
        $y+=1
    EndIf
    Sleep(100)
Next
ReDim $asCmdLine[$y][3]
_ArraySort($asCmdLine, 0, 0, 0, 2)
Global $asCmdLineOut[$y]
Local $asUserDisplay[$y][2]
For $iLine = 0 To UBound($asCmdLine) - 1 Step 1
    $asUserDisplay[$iLine][0] = $asCmdLine[$iLine][0]
    $asUserDisplay[$iLine][1] = $asCmdLine[$iLine][1]
    $asCmdLineOut[$iLine] = $asCmdLine[$iLine][0]
Next
_ArrayDisplay($asUserDisplay)
Edited by mechaflash213
Spoiler

Just an FYI, there's no need to use Continueloop in that For loop, all it does in this case is skip the Sleep(100).

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The continueloop in the first condition is to skip the first element in $CmdLine. $CmdLine returns an array of dropped files, where $CmdLine[0] is the total file count (which I don't need). I was lazy and didn't want to do a Ubound and then a For...In...Step...Next loop.

Spoiler

I know what you're doing, but as I said, it's not needed at all. The If/Then statement skips the first element in the array, the ContinueLoop just jumps down to the Next in the For loop bypassing the Sleep(100) only, hence it's not needed at all in that loop.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@Brew

Oh i see what you're saying.

kk I'll remove it

Edited by mechaflash213
Spoiler

@Zac

I suppose for simplicity. When I go back to read the code for my primo pdf and ghostscript sections, some years later not knowing what kind of arguments I'm passing, I'd rather glance at it and know that the array only holds one kind of data which is filenames.

Spoiler