UltraEdit IDE Enhancements

Stumpii

Don't wanna highjack this thread but don't understand this comment..

With the lastest versions it is very easy as far as i know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heya JDeB, mostly mine own ignorance, I didn't look for the beta hotkeys and was using the start menu to navigate to the beta help etc that way.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Stumpii,

Is it normal behaivor to only have the custom toolbar "resolve" from a right click?

What I mean is that if I don't open an au3 via a right click then the project toolbar only displays generic icons and not your autoit ones.

Hey Stumpii,

Is it normal behaivor to only have the custom toolbar "resolve" from a right click?

What I mean is that if I don't open an au3 via a right click then the project toolbar only displays generic icons and not your autoit ones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunatly yes.

UE allows for 2 different toolbar configs, one for projects and one global. As users may have the global toolbar used for other things, I did not want to use that method, so the project toolbar was the only one I could setup. When you right click and 'Edit with UE...', a small script is run that opens the program with the correct project (and thus the correct toolbar).

There is a work around if you like to use a seperate UE project. You can use the convert function through the Start menu. This will load the correct toolbar when opening a custom project.

How do you normally open the .au3 file (i.e. drag-drop from Explorer, open from within UE, etc.), and do you usually use a .prj file?

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

To date I have never used a .prj file, typically I will just dbl-click from within Explorer. ATM I can't get the right-click menu option to work at all.

I re-ran the installer and nothing in my menu.... odd

Hmm ah well I just opened the project file manually and now the toolbar is there all the time. Since I don't use project files for anything else this will work fine.

To date I have never used a .prj file, typically I will just dbl-click from within Explorer. ATM I can't get the right-click menu option to work at all.

I re-ran the installer and nothing in my menu.... odd

Hmm ah well I just opened the project file manually and now the toolbar is there all the time. Since I don't use project files for anything else this will work fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK. I don't create a project either for single file scripts. If you double click to edit .au3 files, then in Win Explorer, click 'Tools>Folder Options...>File Types' goto the AU3 file type and click 'Advanced'. Find the bolded (default) action and click 'Edit...' and paste the following over what is there for UltraEdit:

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt4UE\UEdit Project Cleaner.exe" "%1"

for UEStudio, paste the following.

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt4UE\UEStudio Project Cleaner.exe" "%1"

These both assume that you have installed the program in the default location. Change as appropriate. This will load the project and the au3 file when double clicked.

You say that the context (right click) menu for au3 files in Explorer does not show 'Edit with UEdit' or 'Edit with UEStudio'? Can you check again. These should be installed by default. There is just a single registry entry added for this, so I cannot see why it would not work. The key is added under 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell' if you want to take a look and see if it is there.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Released new version (v1.2.0). Link is in the first post as always.

I have added all of the code into the installer now, so no popup will appear after the program is installed, and nothing else needs to be done by the user. I have also added code to check for the location of the INI file and to prompt the user to locate it if it is not in the usual place. This should fix if for blitzer99.

The registry entry is there but the context menu does not display. In fact all the usual autoIt options don't show either. I suspect it might be a permission thing as I am on a corportate network.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sucks. Did the change to '"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt4UE\UEdit Project Cleaner.exe" "%1"' work?

That is weird, programs do not normally install application files in the Win directory. What version of Windows are you using and what version of UltraEdit? Also, where did you install UltraEdit? The default is 'C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit-32'.

Can you also check that uedit32.INI is in c:\windows as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Windows XP Pro with sr-2

2. UE version 11.10 installed with all the default settings.

3. The programs folder location on my PC is 'd:\program files\' (as per the registry setting) and UltraEdit is installed at 'd:\program files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit-32\'.

4. uedit32.ini is in c:\windows too. This may be different to yours but this is where it has gone by default. I have not changed anything.

Computers don't solve problems, they just rearrange them.New string TRIM() functions for AutoIt3

I have added all of the code into the installer now, so no popup will appear after the program is installed, and nothing else needs to be done by the user. I have also added code to check for the location of the INI file and to prompt the user to locate it if it is not in the usual place. This should fix if for blitzer99.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it did fix my problem. Thanks.

Computers don't solve problems, they just rearrange them.New string TRIM() functions for AutoIt3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, and the other thing that occurs to me is this. If you want to reliably locate the full path to and name of the UltraEdit executable, it can be found in the following Registry application paths key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\UEDIT32.EXE

The value stored there in the default key on my PC is 'd:\Program Files\UltraEdit\uedit32.exe'.

[This trick works for many other applications as well. Check out the entries there for AutoIt and AutoIt4UE too. It's a quick way for a Windows application to find out where it has been installed to, as long as installer creates this key of course.]

Oh, and the other thing that occurs to me is this.  If you want to reliably locate the full path to and name of the UltraEdit executable, it can be found in the following Registry application paths key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\UEDIT32.EXE

The value stored there in the default key on my PC is 'd:\Program Files\UltraEdit\uedit32.exe'.

[This trick works for many other applications as well.  Check out the entries there for AutoIt and AutoIt4UE too.  It's a quick way for a Windows application to find out where it has been installed to, as long as installer creates this key of course.]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I had searched the registry for UltraEdit and IDM, but did not try UEdit!

• 5 months later...

I have updated the program to v1.3.0. You can download it from the first post of this thread.

I have added the wordfile installation/uninstallation to the program. The wordfile is up to date with v3.1.1.103b of AutoIt. Let me know if you see anything that I missed!

• 1 month later...

Just want to say thanks, even if it is a "WIP." Altho I use SciTe for its tracing fxns and syntax checking etc., I use UE for everything else and would like to have some of those SciTe/AutoIt niceties available.

Dan

Cool. You can syntax check using AutoIt4UE (there is a toolbar button for it). As for tracing, keep an eye out for the AutoIt Graphical Debugger coming real soon!

What else would you like to be added to AutoIt4UE?

Edited by Stumpii

• 7 months later...

I have updated the program to v1.5 to include a button to open the Koda Form Designer.

• 2 months later...

New version 1.6.1 available. Link in is post #1.

Rev 1.6.1 - 21 Dec 06

New Features:

* None.

Bug Fixes:

* Fixed UE project file paths for GUIBuilder and AutoIt Debugger.

Rev 1.6.0 - 20 Dec 06

New Features:

* Updated wordfile to AutoIt v3.2.1.13 (beta).

Bug Fixes:

* Fixed AU3Check path to match the new install location.

• 1 month later...

I have released AutoIt4UE v1.7.0 (see first post). I have added Tag List functionality for AutoIt. For those that do not know about the Tag List feature (like myself before I implemented it!), it lists all available functions, macros etc. in the Tag List window. Double clicking on an item adds the code to the currently open file. Make sure that the Tag List window is visible (View>Views/Lists>Tag List) to use this feature.

I tried your UltraEdit add ons and I'm very impressed. I use UltraEdit for everything BUT AutoIt because I like the user calltips popup capability. Now if you can get your add on to do that, I'd be REALLY impressed. :)

I am working on some type of popup capability at the moment. Will have to see how advanced I can make it.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to your next update. I love what you've done so far.

Here are two installation errors I received:

---------------------------

Update Project File

The installation folder for the AutoIt Debugger could not be determined from the registry.

OK

The next error was my fault, because I also selected UE Studio (which I don't have installed), but you may want to account for newbs like me. :whistle:

AutoIt Error

Line 0 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt4UE\Taglist Install.exe"):

$Elements = $Sections[0][0]

$Elements = $Sections^ ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

OK