[Solved] Change Title of Application

I have been searching though the forums and was wondering is there any way to change title for an application.

Example -

When ever a new notepad is created its title is Untitled - Notepad and then if you save it becomes SavedNamed.txt - Notepad but i would just like it to say Notepad ;)

Search though the forums and helpfile it seams i need to use _Win_API_SetWindowLong but i dont use this very offten so i was wondering if someone could help me out

*Edit for Future incase someone else sees this. Seams i have gone about it all wrong Autoit has a function WinSetTitle

$hHandle = WinGetHandle("[Class:Notepad]")
If WinExists($hHandle) Then
     WinSetTitle($hHandle, "" , "Notepad")
EndIf
Edited by IanN1990

Try this

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")
WinSetTitle("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", "My New Notepad")

Try this

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")
WinSetTitle("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", "My New Notepad")

I have a large project that I'm working on and we use AutoHotKey for it right now. As I view the forums here, I am starting to notice how little code it takes to do things and how easy it really seems to use AutoIT.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.""Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

IanN1990, Danyfirex

This is the Example taken directly from the Beta version of the Help file, as you can see it's a little more friendlier.

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Run Notepad
    Run("notepad.exe")

; Wait 10 seconds for the Notepad window to appear.
    Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)

; Set the title of the Notepad window using the handle returned by WinWait.
    WinSetTitle($hWnd, "", "New Notepad Title - AutoIt")

; Wait for 2 seconds to display the Notepad window and the new title.
    Sleep(2000)

; Close the Notepad window using the handle returned by WinWait.
    WinClose($hWnd)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018