MsgBox(0, "num", "num")
ElseIf StringIsAlpha($num) Then
  MsgBox(0, "alph", "alph")
EndIf
Exit

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

AH HA! Thats it!... i must have read the help file wrong... With the Function StringIsDigit... it says in the help file Checks if a string contains only digit (0-9) characters. So is that saying the number from zero to nine.. or just numbers in general?

Thanks mate

Numbers in general.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

hey speaking of numbers... with this script:

$num = InputBox("num", "")
If StringIsDigit($num) Then
  MsgBox(0, "num", "num")
ElseIf StringIsAlpha($num) Then
EndIf
Exit

If i want the first numbers from 0 to 9 to have a zero in front of them eg. 00, 01, 02, 03... instead of just 0, 1, 2, 3 etc how would I go about doing that?

Is there a quicker way of writing it other than this:

$num = InputBox("num", "")
If $num = "0" Then $num = "00"
If $num = "1" Then $num = "01"
If $num = "2" Then $num = "02"
If $num = "3" Then $num = "03"
If $num = "4" Then $num = "04"
If $num = "5" Then $num = "05"
If $num = "6" Then $num = "06"
If $num = "7" Then $num = "07"
If $num = "8" Then $num = "08"
If $num = "9" Then $num = "09"
EndIf
  MsgBox(0, "num", $num)
If StringIsAlpha($num) Then
EndIf
Exit

Here you go man

While 1
$Num = InputBox("num", "")
for $I = 00 to 09 Step 1
Next
   MsgBox(0, "num", $num)
   Else
If StringIsAlpha($num) Then
    Exit
EndIf
EndIf

Wend
Edited by ac1dm4nner

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]

• Moderators

reecedorward,

I am assuming that you only want to use returns of 0-9 with a leading 0. If so then this should do it:

; Only look at the first character
$sReturn = StringLeft(InputBox("num", ""), 1)
; If it is a number
If StringIsDigit($sReturn) Then
    ; Add a leading 0
    $sReturn = StringFormat("%02i", $sReturn)
    MsgBox(0, "num", $sReturn)
Else
EndIf

Please ask if you have any questions. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hey Im Having 1 more Way.........Try Even This Out...... ;)

Global $x=InputBox('Heyaa ...  :)','Just Chilling Out... Huh!!')         ;Your InputBox
If StringLen($x)=1 And StringIsDigit($x) Then $x='0'&$x         ;If String has Only 1 Character
If Not StringIsDigit($x) Then $x='X: Wrong Parameter Have Been Supplied Only Numbers Allowed'   ;If the Value is not a Number
ConsoleWrite($x&@CRLF)                  ;Get The Value Of The Variable

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.