Using IE.au3

Crazyace

Hello everyone,

I need some guidance on how to best use the IE.au3 to do the following task. I have a gui built and ready to go, I just need to finish the COM coding.

Here is the code that I have so far.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

GUICreate("Drivers/Manuals/Warranty", 280, 110)

$Driver = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Drivers", 10, 10)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)
$Manual = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Manual", 80, 10)
$Warranty = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Warranty", 150, 10)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Service Tag #:", 10, 45)
$Input = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 90, 40)
$Submit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit", 40, 70, 50)
$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 150, 70, 50)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $Submit
            $serv_tag = GUICtrlRead($Input)
            If IsChecked($Driver) Then _Fire($serv_tag)
        Case $msg = $Exit
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

Exit 0

Func _Fire($sServiceTag)
   $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection",1 ,1 ,0)
   _IELoadWait($oIE)

EndFunc

Func _Fire2($sServiceTag)
   $oIE = _IECreate("" & $sServiceTag, 1, 1, 0)

Func IsChecked($control)
    Return BitAnd(GUICtrlRead($control),$GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED
EndFunc

When it navigates to the http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection URL we need to have the service tag box populated with the service tag that the user inputs. I have this working with AutoHotKey but I'm converting some scripts from AHK to AU3 and understand that the same COM commands will not work.

AHK Code

url = http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection
  pwb :=   ComObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
  ;navigates to the url
  pwb.Navigate(url)
  pwb.visible := true
  While ((pwb.readyState <> 4) || pwb.busy)
    ;Sleep, 10
  frame :=   pwb.document.all["iFramePSHost"].contentWindow
  frame.document.all["TheProductSelectorResultsModel_ServiceTagCode"].value := Tag
  frame.document.all.btnSubmit[0].click()

So far I have replicated the code up until the frame start. I am able to navigate to the page and have it wait for it to load. Now I just need some help with using the right IE commands to complete the task of inserting the service tag and clicking submit.

Edited by Crazyace

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.""Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Anyone have any tips they can give me on this that may help me out?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.""Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Anyone care to lend a hand with this?

If I follow you, you need _IEFrameGetObjByName(), _IEGetObjById(), _IEFormElementSetValue() and _IEAction(xxx, "click")

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

If I follow you, you need _IEFrameGetObjByName(), _IEGetObjById(), _IEFormElementSetValue() and _IEAction(xxx, "click")

Dale

That sounds right yes. Would you mind helping me build the code for that? Here is the code for my current app that would use that. In the code it will be the first _Fire() function.

#region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..faviconBX.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Beta
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=3.0.0.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Tidy=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=n
#endregion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.9.4 (beta)
Author:      Crazyace

Script Function:
Allows you to look up your service tag, drivers, warranty and manual
Script Version:
Beta 1.3

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Script Start - Add your code below here
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <file.au3>
#include <string.au3>
#include <array.au3>
GUICreate("Dell Drivers/Manuals/Warranty", 296, 110)
$Driver = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Drivers", 23, 10)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)
$Manual = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Manual", 113, 10)
$Warranty = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Warranty", 203, 10)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Service Tag #:", 21, 44)
$Input = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 120, 40, 155)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_FOCUS)
$Submit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit", 20, 70, 70)
$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 110, 70, 70)
$FTag = GUICtrlCreateButton("Your Tag", 200, 70, 75)
Local $aAccelKeys[1][2] = [["{ENTER}", $Submit]]
GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
Select
  Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg = $Exit
   ExitLoop
  Case $msg = $Submit
   $serv_tag = GUICtrlRead($Input)
   If Not IsChecked($Driver) And Not IsChecked($Manual) And Not IsChecked($Warranty) Then
    MsgBox(48, "Selection Error", "Pleaes make a selection first")
   ElseIf Not StringRegExp($serv_tag, "^([a-zA-Z0-9]{4}|[a-zA-Z0-9]{6})[a-zA-Z0-9]$") Then
    MsgBox(16, "Service Tag Error", "Service tag must be 5 or 7 alphanumeric characters with no spaces!")
   Else
    If IsChecked($Driver) Then _Fire($serv_tag)
    If IsChecked($Manual) Then _Fire2($serv_tag)
    If IsChecked($Warranty) Then _Fire3($serv_tag)
    ExitLoop
   EndIf
  Case $msg = $FTag
   _FindTag()
EndSelect
WEnd
Exit 0
Func _Fire($sServiceTag)
$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection", 0, 1, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_Fire
Func _Fire2($sServiceTag)
$oIE = _IECreate("http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/manuals?c=us&l=en&s=biz&~ck=ln&lnki=0&ServiceTag=" & $sServiceTag, 0, 1, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_Fire2
Func _Fire3($sServiceTag)
$oIE = _IECreate("http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/details?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&~ck=anavml&ServiceTag=" & $sServiceTag, 0, 1, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_Fire3

Func _FindTag()
Local $pid = Run("wmic csproduct list brief", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD) ;wmic isn't an internal command to CMD
ProcessWaitClose($pid) ;better than loops
$output = StdoutRead($pid)
$tag = StringRegExpReplace($output, "(?s)^(?:.+?v+.+?h{2,})(.+?)h{2,}.*$", "$1" & @LF)
If $tag = "" Then
  MsgBox(16, "Access Denied", "Only the administrator group members can use WMIC.EXE" & @CR & @CR & "Reason:WIN32 Error: Access is Denied!")
EndIf
GUICtrlSetData($Input, $tag)
EndFunc   ;==>_FindTag
Func IsChecked($control)
Return BitAND(GUICtrlRead($control), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED
EndFunc   ;==>IsChecked
Edited by Crazyace

Yep, happy to help. Write it for you, not so much. Take a shot at it, work trough some examples, search the forum for related code, post your attempt and explain where you're having issues and you'll get lots of help here.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Yep, happy to help. Write it for you, not so much. Take a shot at it, work trough some examples, search the forum for related code, post your attempt and explain where you're having issues and you'll get lots of help here.

Dale

Thanks Dale for the support. Also I want to point out my poor wording. What I mean is just see an order of which _IE functions should be in. That way I have a lot more time to focus on getting the right info into the functions. I'm also going to guess that it may not have an order at all, and that it may just depend on what you're looking to do.

But with the ones that you listed before, should they go roughly in that order?

> But with the ones that you listed before, should they go roughly in that order?

Yes

Func _Fire($sServiceTag)
$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection", 0, 1, 0)
$oFrame = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "iFramePSHost")
$oID = _IEGetObjById($oFrame, "TheProductSelectorResultsModel_ServiceTagCode")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oID, $sServiceTag)
_IEAction()

EndFunc   ;==>_Fire

Here is what I have so far but I think I'm way off base with this.

Why are you passing 0, 1, 0 to _IECreate? The last 0 prevents it from waiting for the page to load and the rest of what you do will fail.

Dale

Opps, I was doing that for testing before. Going to change it.