Comparing Information

What do you mean by "specific field"? An AutoIt variable? Or ....

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

In the software that I am navigating there is a control id that has a "lot number." I want to take the information in the box and compare it to a cell in an array.

Edited by sriknight

No, I'm not a programer.Yes, I am a noob.You know what the difference is between you and me?I make this look good.

Use function ControlGetText to retrieve the text of a control.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have that in my script. After I get the text how do i tell auto it "Hey, you just got the text from that field. Now, look at $aArray1[$c][0] and see if the information is a match. If that information does not match then close that window and pull up the next one (i already have those commands done). Once the new window is open look at that same field again and see if it matches $aArray1[$c][0]. Just do that until they match and when they do match carry out this set of commands.

No, I'm not a programer.Yes, I am a noob.You know what the difference is between you and me?I make this look good.

$sControlText = ControlGetText(....)
If $sControlText <> $aArray1[$c][0] Then
    ; Close the window and pull up the next one
EndIf

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

WinActivate("CORRIDOR", "")
send("{ALT}" & "T")
send("{DOWN 3}")

send("{ENTER}")
WinWaitActive("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "")
WinActivate("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "")
ControlCommand("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "", "SysTabControl323", "TabRight", "")

ControlSend("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "Lot number:", 1070, "980")
send("{TAB}")
ControlClick("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "Lot reference number:", 1300, "left")
ControlClick("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "Less", 1947, "left")
ControlClick("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "Scan", 1063, "left")
sleep(700)
ControlClick("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "", "SysListView322", "left")
send("{DOWN}")
ControlClick("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "Open", 1663, "Left")

WinWaitActive("Edit Lot", "")
WinActivate("Edit Lot", "")
$sControlText = ControlGetText("Edit Lot", "Lot number:", 1136)
  if
  $sControlTextLT <> "LT12-00980.3"
   then
do
ControlClick("Edit Lot", "Close", "Button24", "left")
send("{DOWN}")
Until $sControlTextLT = "LT12-00980.3"
Else
ControlClick("Edit Lot", "Adjust quantity", "Button8", "left")
EndIf

That is my code as it stands right now. I dont have the array made yet. i am getting a syntax error. I am not a programer by any means so im not sure what the problem is let alone how to fix it.

Change

if
  $sControlTextLT <> "LT12-00980.3"
   then
to
  if   $sControlTextLT <> "LT12-00980.3" then

You access two different variables $sControlText and $sControlTextLT. Shouldn't they be the same?

You have to put ControlgetText into your Do ... Until loop otherwise variable $sControlTextLT will never change

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

$sControlTextLT is actually a type o.

send("{ALT}" & "T")
send("{DOWN 3}")

send("{ENTER}")
ControlCommand("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "", "SysTabControl323", "TabRight", "")

send("{TAB}")
ControlClick("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "Lot reference number:", 1300, "left")
sleep(700)
send("{DOWN}")

$sControlText = ControlGetText("Edit Lot", "Lot number:", 1136)   if   $sControlText <> "LT12-00980.3" then
do
send("{DOWN}")
until $sControlText = "LT12-00980.3"

Else
EndIf

now the only error I get is with the "else" statement on line 47

The syntax error has been resolved.

The script will now start, but it does not do what its supposed to do when the it finds a match,

I have updated the script and it it now runs with out looping to infinity.

send("{ALT}" & "T")
send("{DOWN 3}")

send("{ENTER}")

send("{TAB}")
sleep(700)

if   $sControlText <> "LT12-00980.1" then
do
send("{DOWN}")
until $sControlText <> "LT12-00980.1"
Else
EndIf

If I can get this last issue worked out i think I'll be good on this one.....

For my testing there are three lots that can be adjusted. LT12-00980, LT12-00980.2, LT12-00980.1 (this is the order that the GUI of the software lists these lots).

If I edit the script to only look for LT12-00980 then the "do" statement does not run. and it adjusts the lot as expected.

If I edit the script to look for LT12-00980.1 (the third lot displayed) the script will run, see that the first lot is not a match, and then open the next lot. this lot is LT12-00980.2 but the script will still try to adjust the lot instead of moving to the third lot.

I modified your script a bit. I changed "WinWaitActive" to "WinWait" so if the users gives focus to another window your script will still work.

And I changed the Do Until loop.

Send("{ALT}" & "T")
Send("{DOWN 3}")

Send("{ENTER}")
WinWait("Current Parts in Inventory Search", "")

Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(700)
Send("{DOWN}")

WinWait("Edit Lot", "")
While $sControlText <> "LT12-00980.3"
    Send("{DOWN}")
WEnd

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I used your modification and the script did not carry out the last action. It kept looping though.

send("{ALT}" & "T")
send("{DOWN 3}")

send("{ENTER}")

send("{TAB}")
sleep(700)

While $sControlText <> "LT12-00980.1"
Send("{DOWN}")
WEnd

I had to add another WinWaitActive before the $sControlText = ControlGetText("Edit Lot", "Lot number:", 1136)

I am now in business. Thanks much for all of the help.

Glad we could help. It's quite hard to write a script for an application you can't test with.

I would add one thing to your script: Error checking.

After each function call you have to test if an error occurred. Else someone will call you and say "Your application doesn't work any longer" and "I didn't do anything!".

So

should become
If @error Then MsgBox(16, "Error Message", "Error returned by function ControlSend for 'Lot number:'. @error = " & @error)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

So here is what the script is for. I have to update information on these lots. I will be the only one that runs the script. If an error occurs at that spot I will have some more movements to make, but that isn't too difficult.

Here is another question....

Based on a lot's attributes there might be an extra button on the edit page. Is there a way to kick off a set of instructions if a button exists?

You could use ControlGetPos for this button. If @error = 1 then the control could not be found.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Well, I started to write a reply to you (when this thread had zero replies), then I went to a long lunch. A lot has happened since! Your main flaw was pointed out, that your Do/Until loop would only be terminated when a variable was of a certain value, yet that variable was never modified within the loop. I started to throw something together, but as Water pointed out, it is difficult to do when one can't test the script.

I do think it is more efficient, when referencing a window or control multiple times to get it's handle, rather than provide it's title each time. I was leaning toward doing it similar to this:

Global $sCurrentParts = "Current Parts in Inventory Search"

; do what you need to do to get to Current Parts window here

WinWaitActive($sCurrentParts) ; wait for CP window

$iResult = Find_Lot("LT12-00980.3") ; search for lot number

If $iResult =  -1 Then
    MsgBox(0,"Lot Number Search", "Lot " & $sLot & " not found.")
Else
    MsgBox(0,"Lot Number Search", "Lot " & $sLot & " found in row " & $iResult)
EndIf

Exit

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Func Find_Lot($sLot)
    Local $hWin_CurrentParts = WinGetHandle($sCurrentParts) ; get CP window handle
    Local $hCtrl_ListView = ControlGetHandle($hWin_CurrentParts, "", "[NAME:SysListView322]") ; get LV handle
    Local $iLV_Count = ControlListView($hWin_CurrentParts, "", $hCtrl_ListView, "GetItemCount") ; get LV row count
    Local $hCtrl_OpenButton = ControlGetHandle($hWin_CurrentParts, "", "[ID:1663]") ; get Open button handle - not sure what AU3Info data to use

For $x = 0 to $iLV_Count - 1 ; loop through LV rows, adjust end limit down by 1 since row numbers start at zero
        WinActivate($hWin_CurrentParts)
        WinWaitActive($hWin_CurrentParts)
        ControlListView($hWin_CurrentParts, "", $hCtrl_ListView, "Select", $x) ; select row $x
        ControlClick($hWin_CurrentParts, "", $hCtrl_OpenButton, "Left") ; click CP Open button
        WinWaitActive("Edit Lot")
        $sControlText = ControlGetText("Edit Lot", "", "[ID:1136]") ; get lot number from EL window - not sure what AU3Info data to use
        ControlClick("Edit Lot", "", "[NAME:Button24]", "Left") ; click EL Close button
        If $sControlText = $sLot Then Return $x ; lot found, return row number  
    Next
    Return -1 ; lot not found, return -1
EndFunc

Maybe you can steal some ideas out of it.

Edit: PS - It would look better, and be easier to follow if you were more consistant in referencing the controls using the same type of data, rather than some by ID, some by NAME, some by CLASS, etc.

Edited by Spiff59

looking in the help it then builds that location in an array. All i need is if its there then <command> if not the <command>.

That's why I refer to @error and not the array returned. If @error is set then the control could not be found. And that's what you want to know, right?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki