Led or Lcd Screen Can it be detected?

Hi all

What im trying to do is come up with a way from within windows so when the script works it can tell whether the laptop screen is an LED or an LCD screen?

Been googling around for this one and i cant find anything that mentions that it can be detected.

The lack of info is strange

Any suggestions

The only possible way I can think of is EDID. I don't know if this data structure contains the required information. Here on the forum you will find some scripts to extract EDID data.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

I know the MacBook Pro comes with the option of an LED backlit screen. Of course, it would have to dispense beer to get me to buy a Mac ;)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2172475,00.asp

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Yeah at work we get a few to change screens per month, we see far more Lcd than Led but newer tech takes time to filter down i guess.

Main difference is it doesn't have a backlight inverter connction (it has a converter and it built into the screen but don't quote me)

Edited by Chimaera

Yes

e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-6-LED-LCD-SCREEN-ACER-EXTENSA-5235-ASPIRE-AS5336-5336-5735-5738Z-5742Z-5551-/251024167741?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item3a7234d33d

Edited by Chimaera

That's LCD with LED backlight, something like what JLogan3o13 showed. That's not LED screen.

You want to detect the type of backlight of your laptop LCD screen.

I could be wrong, of course.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

OLED Laptop Screen? I'll take 2 please.

LED lighting does not require an invertor or ballast like fluorescent lighting does.

As trancexx pointed out, LED is the backlighting of LCD laptop screens. And will most likely not find that information in EDID. Unless you can connect manufacturer part numbers to a database of known LED LCD monitors, given the EDID exists and that information is even in it of the part your working on.

I know the MacBook Pro comes with the option of an LED backlit screen. Of course, it would have to dispense beer to get me to buy a Mac ;)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2172475,00.asp

Lol thats funny!
Check out my new site!Current Projects:[list][*]Hunter Console - A Small Gadget[*]HunterPad - Basic Notepad aimed at Programmers[*]Betters UP! - Betting Game[/list]

Ok i get it , im misinformed on that thanks for the clarification.

Either way it doesn't seem like the original question is possible so thx for that