[SOLVED] Windows 7, compiling, and make ...

I'm trying to compile a version of SciTE for LSL (Linden Scripting Language). The readme in the SciTE directory says to do this to compile SciTE:

cd scintilla\win32

nmake -f scintilla.mak

However, I'm seeing a "'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." error. I have installed Visual Studio Express 2010. I'm using Windows 7 x64 pro. Does any body have any ideas as to why I'm seeing this message? Do I need to install CygWin?

Edit: I used the visual studio command promt and unless I did that wrong (likely) then that didn't work either.

Edit: When I type: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC>nmake -f "D:\Source Code\LSL\SciTE-LSL\scite175-lsl\scintilla\win32\scintilla.mak" I receive this: "NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '../src/AutoComplete.cxx'"

Edited by LaCastiglione

Using the Visual Studio Command Prompt is correct. The only thing I can suggest is set your working directory to scintillawin32 before you use nmake /F scintilla.mak. Obviously switch to the appropriate SciTE directory as well before you make it.

This is the entire screen from the cmd prompt:

Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 x86 tools.

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VC>cd d:Source CodeLSLSci
TE-LSLscite175-lslscintillawin32

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VC>nmake /F scintilla.mak

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'scintilla.mak' not found
Stop.

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VC>

Oh wow! Well, I deserved that one I guess. Anyways, thank you for your help I think this is going to do it!

Edit: I may actually have to take this a SciTE help forum because I'm getting some weird compilation errors.

Edit: SUCCESS! I found out that the Opt:NOWIN98 is no longer supported in VS2010 and so I removed that from the make and it compiled! Thank you so much for your help Valik.

SQUEEALLLL! I'm so happy. First time I ever compiled anything major. Thanks again!

Edited by LaCastiglione