Hello all I was wondering is there any way to decompile my EXE files and go back to the script files? Here is the story, I have been writing my scripts for my job for some time now and had everything saved to my thumb drive well now the thumb drive does not work, I have all my EXE programs and my backups are a year old.... ( I have learned my lesson) I read on the wiki http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Decompiling_FAQ "The developers can decompile scripts but you must be prepared to prove you own the script. This is not done very often and the developers reserve the right to say no for any reason." I do not know how I can beg for help or where to do this. I need help my job depends on it and I beg anyone who can do it for help.

PLEASE HELP ME....

This is one of those times when you realize that thumb drives die and all is screwed unless I can get them back....

Again please help,

PS. I have to wait until Monday after work to get the EXE files and give a copy to the Dev.

Thanks again

This wont help for now, but for the future maybe this from JLogan3o13

May help

;recover source .au3 file with /Extract switch
If StringInStr($cmdlineRaw, "/Extract") Then
    FileInstall("C:Test.au3", @TempDir & "Test.au3", 1)
Exit
EndIf

The above code would be copied into the top of your script. The source location (C:Test.au3 in my example) is the full path to your script file. Once compiled, if you run the script from the Run line with the /Extract switch, it will extact the original .au3 file into the Temp directory and will exit without actually executing the script. This has saved me more than once when I decided to "clean house" and then realized I deleted something I still needed.

This gives you the ability to retrieve your saved source embedded in your script Edited by Chimaera

• Moderators

eagle4life69,

Decompilation is not something we discuss here. Thread locked. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area