Koda question

Dana

When creating an input box (or any other control, for that matter) in Koda, there seems to be no way to use a variable as the initial text... as far as I can see it has to be changed after inserting it into the script and then redoing that change every time the GUI is changed in Koda and the script is updated? If I put the $variable name into Koda it treats it as static text and puts quotes around it. I realize I can create the form with dummy text and then use GUICtrlSetData, but that seems kludgy.

It can't do everything. It's designed more as a prototyping tool that the user then modifies with their own code, rather than doing everything.

Quick hack is to replace "$..." with the actual variable name, simple regex would do it easily if you have lots of variables as text.

Think of Koda as a template maker. It's really good at buildling a base for you to work on, but it requires tweaking to get exactly what you want.

Sure beats typing it all out every time you go make a GUI.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

When creating an input box (or any other control, for that matter) in Koda, there seems to be no way to use a variable as the initial text...

You are wrong.

Koda can do it, switch ON:

Options/Code Generator/Expand %var% variables

Then place %a% into Input control's Text property.

In generated code will be

$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput($a, 120, 80, 121, 21)