application security...

acidman

I've made this udf here for people who wants the clients who use their software package to enter a serial number for application validation...

#cs
Author: Ryno Labuschagne
Forum: ac1dm4n
Functions:
_CreatetokenKey($Keyencode)
Description:
Set encoding value for the token to be generated.
1 - 4 The higher the value the more complex the encoding will be
_ValidateTokenKey($SetprocID)
Will validate the token key i.o.w will check if the ini file exists if true
then the key from the ini will be read and be compared with the key in the registry
if they're equal application will start else if the evaluation is false the application will be terminated
if a token key has been modified in either the ini file or the registry the application will exit
DeletetokenEntry()
Will delete the ini file and the registry value, can be called manually when an application is uninstalled
Details:
You can modify this script by all means add stuff to make it more complex
I thought it'd be a good idea to create a base for uniquely validating of an application on a machine
every token is generated randomly and should be executed only once, then deleted so the user can't
use your application on another machine...
remember you must call a function on autoitstartregister to execute the validation

Legend:
_CreateTokenKey($Keyencode)
$KeyEncode - Value 1 to 4 The higher the Value the more complex the encoding Will be
_ValidateTokenkey
$Procid - Processidentifier(PID) Scriptname by defualt it AutoIt3.exe Or compiled Name(must be compiled)
#ce

please see the attachment

Tokenidentifier.rar

Edited by ac1dm4n

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]

sounds interesting, but it doesn't seem to offer much security. i also don't see the value in comparing an ini with the registry (at least with this implementation). I'd consider adding some sort of encryption as it is very easy to convert string to binary and vice versa.

• 7 months later...