Registry export

Guest ElementCZ

Guest ElementCZ

Hello,

is there some script for geting more values/whole branch from registry at once ? I'm developing script for software uninstall via autoit script and I'd like to export whole HLKM\...\Uninstall branch so I can find values I need and use them for SW silent uninstall. So far I have found only way how to do this by using another .vbs or simple .bat script for exporting registry branch into some file and then process it with autoit.

Is there some way how to do that only with autoit functions ?

Thanks

Hello,

is there some script for geting more values/whole branch from registry at once ? I'm developing script for software uninstall via autoit script and I'd like to export whole HLKM\...\Uninstall branch so I can find values I need and use them for SW silent uninstall. So far I have found only way how to do this by using another .vbs or simple .bat script for exporting registry branch into some file and then process it with autoit.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes there are different ways of doing it. If you have a way of doing it on the command line (like in your batch file) you can use the RunWait() function to execute that code.

Or you can use the AutoIt built-in Reg*() functions. I'm sure that there are UDFs here for doing that sort of thing as well.

Hello,

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

one (ugly) way i can think of to do it is to export the entire registry to a file which could then be parsed for the information you need...maybe have a variable to track how many branches deep you are, and have it check for each line at the first lvl till it hits the hklm line, then increment it, have it check until it hits the system (or whatever the next one is you're looking for) etc etc until you hit the final branch you want, and have it write everything to a file from there until it hits the next key at the same lvl as the branch you're exporting... not sure how to have it check what lvl the variable folder names are at except to know the exact path you're looking to export and the folder after the lowest folder you want, unless you want to check the registry on each iteration of the loop to have it check, and that would slow the script considerably i bet.

Guest ElementCZ

Long day, no air-condition, very hot day and I'm dumb as my :evil: brother :-)

Of course this one was easy... I can just use RegEnumKey and RegRead in while loop and I'm done in five minutes :) . Pure RTFM problem..... :D

Long day, no air-condition, very hot day and I'm dumb as my  :evil: brother :-)

Of course this one was easy... I can just use RegEnumKey and RegRead in while loop and I'm done in five minutes  :) . Pure RTFM problem.....  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

happens to everybody man