Freeing memory up

add this function to your script and call the function

Func _ReduceMemory($i_PID = -1)

If $i_PID <> -1 Then
        Local $ai_Handle = DllCall("kernel32.dll", 'int', 'OpenProcess', 'int', 0x1f0fff, 'int', False, 'int', $i_PID)
        Local $ai_Return = DllCall("psapi.dll", 'int', 'EmptyWorkingSet', 'long', $ai_Handle[0])
        DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'CloseHandle', 'int', $ai_Handle[0])
    Else
        Local $ai_Return = DllCall("psapi.dll", 'int', 'EmptyWorkingSet', 'long', -1)
    EndIf

Return $ai_Return[0]
EndFunc;==> _ReduceMemory()

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

is this a problem with autoit? memory not being automatically freed up?  Just asking 'cause i hadn't noticed it before, but honestly never really looked either

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't either, but I use that for alot of other applications i.e. MS apps leave foot prints all over the place.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Should make correction to that, if using the beta and DllStructs, and one forgets to delete the structs the memory is still used. There may be other instances where incorrect coding will result in memory not being freed up.

Gary

Should make correction to that, if using the beta and DllStructs, and one forgets to delete the structs the memory is still used.  There may be other instances where incorrect coding will result in memory not being freed up.

Gary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right forgot about that, thanx :)

I haven't either, but I use that for alot of other applications i.e. MS apps leave foot prints all over the place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Microsoft programs wasting system resources?! Blasphemy. </sarcasm> Thanks for the response, i hadn't even considered possible side effects of not deleting structs etc, but luckily i don't use them much...