how do i deal with a xml/java gui?

Guest tkhang

Guest tkhang

Ok..

I'm trying to automate a task with this gui, I think, it's xml or java?

When i use reveal it, the none of the controls show up.

do i use wingettext or something?

ok it's java.. anyone? anyone? :)

Edited by tkhang

Ok..

I'm trying to automate a task with this gui, I think, it's xml or java?

When i use reveal it, the none of the controls show up.

do i use wingettext or something?

ok it's java.. anyone? anyone?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not sure how autoit interacts with java, regular Send() and MouseClick() functions should work for interactions if ControlSend() etc aren't working. Those will obviously only work well if the position of the form is static ( you don't run it windowed and move it around your screen or anything ). If you really want to get in and make it work the way that you want it to, you can download the JDC Java Decompiler (i got it a few years at fileplanet i think). with that you can break the applet/application apart into source code (variable names are not preserved, but given generic identifiers that can sometimes be hard to track) to see exactly waht it's doing, like what pages it submits to, with what format etc... and then you can code your script to interact directly with the pages/scripts that the java is currently doing, and sidestep the java interaction completely. Granted, if you're not familiar with java, this could require you to learn some, but you should be able to figure it out i think, the parts you'd most be dealing with is data handling (for the information that would normally be populated in the Java GUI), and url calls...

Guest tkhang

not sure how autoit interacts with java, regular Send() and MouseClick() functions should work for interactions if ControlSend() etc aren't working.  Those will obviously only work well if the position of the form is static ( you don't run it windowed and move it around your screen or anything ).  If you really want to get in and make it work the way that you want it to, you can download the JDC Java Decompiler (i got it a few years at fileplanet i think).  with that you can break the applet/application apart into source code (variable names are not preserved, but given generic identifiers that can sometimes be hard to track) to see exactly waht it's doing, like what pages it submits to, with what format etc... and then you can code your script to interact directly with the pages/scripts that the java is currently doing, and sidestep the java interaction completely.  Granted, if you're not familiar with java, this could require you to learn some, but you should be able to figure it out i think, the parts you'd most be dealing with is data handling (for the information that would normally be populated in the Java GUI), and url calls...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm sounds complicated..

even if i decompiled it and got the control names, how would autoit know what to interact with? i guess i'm not understanding the solution? if autoit info doesn't show it, how can i interact with a control that autoit doesn't know about? is java drawing these controls on the fly, is that my problem?

Java apps run in a JRE (Java Runtime Environment), essentially a virtual machine that runs the application, and then communicates as it sees fit w/ the underlying O/S.

You may be able to figure out a way to attach to a console, if you can start the application w/ a console in place. One other way of dealing w/ it that comes to mind is the network sniffer method - watch what comes in and out of the datastream, and make your logic decisons based on that. Or you can see how ameneable the app is to such things as pixelcolor, mouseclicks, or invest in a screenscraper.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

• 2 months later...

hmm sounds complicated..

even if i decompiled it and got the control names, how would autoit know what to interact with? i guess i'm not understanding the solution? if autoit info doesn't show it, how can i interact with a control that autoit doesn't know about? is java drawing these controls on the fly, is that my problem?

wow, really late on a reply on this one, sorry...my suggestion was actually to eliminate the java gui completely, and deal with the resources accessed (page/file locations etc) directly from your autoit gui.