Another chat client/server

Guest Murben

Guest Murben

Lets just start right now by saying that I am a computer/network technician... NOT A PROGRAMMER...

I love AutoIT and want to keep trying to learn more... I know that these scripts are incredibly messy, there are no comments, and there are probably much better methods to accomplish what I have done in these scripts, but hey, here they are...

The server just runs in the background, I haven't done anything with it for a GUI yet... and the client has a very basic gui. At this point I'm just working on functionality.

Here is what I have accomplished so far:

-- The server handles matching the username to the message as it is broadcast.

-- Server checks to make sure that the requested username is not already in use. It also makes the client ask for an alternate username.

Take a look at it, let me know what you think (Please be nice...).

I will keep adding more functionality as I get ideas.

cserver.au3

cclient.au3

Fantastic first post. Heck of a lot more interesting than my threads.

You have reinvented the wheel, but it looks like some good scripting. I will try it out when I get home.

• 2 months later...

This doesn't look any different then what I wrote. I wrote the same system MONTHS ago, in udp tcp and hybrid. RS 1.0, PIM, and the IM's were all engineered originally by me after I studied Larries wonderful au3xtra.

Like Wus said, you have REINVENTED the wheel. Try to minimize the process and clean it up a bit, for more effeciency. Besides that it does look good.

Edit: Please search the forum so you can post original code, I have already exhausted all Instant Messaging awareness, no body wants to know anymore, but there is something I am working on that will blow you all away.

Edited by AutoIt Smith

This doesn't look any different then what I wrote. I wrote the same system MONTHS ago, in udp tcp and hybrid. RS 1.0, PIM, and the IM's were all engineered originally by me after I studied Larries wonderful au3xtra.

Like Wus said, you have REINVENTED the wheel. Try to minimize the process and clean it up a bit, for more effeciency. Besides that it does look good.

Edit: Please search the forum so you can post original code, I have already exhausted all Instant Messaging awareness, no body wants to know anymore, but there is something I am working on that will blow you all away.

why do you think your the only one allowed to post IM code here?

when I download someone's code, i dont download it to use the program.

for example i have MSN to act as my IM program.

when i download someones code, i download it to learn from them and how they did something.

who cares if he made the same type of program you did, maybe he did it in a different way and maybe some people want to learn multiple ways of doing something.

so please dont discourage people from posting code here.

some of us want to see it.

Edited by blitzkrg