Leomund

Permanent block. Fasten your seat belts, this one is going to take awhile. Yesterday I locked thread. As you can see the user was incredibly argumentative to members trying to explain the rules. After locking the thread I received a PM from the user. Here is the exchange that followed.

tip.fbi.gov

Is there a particular reason you are spamming me?

You may want to review the definition of spam.

As you please:

noun
( lowercase ) disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.

Your PM to me qualifies. It's disruptive and it was sent over a computer network.

So again, why are you PMing me this rubbish? Think well on your answer, otherwise you will be removed from this forum.

I Saw What You Did. I Am Just Letting You Know.

I think your threat to remove me just for PMing you one thing (and then calling it spam) is well over the top.

I question if at this stage you still develop, or if your main job is to remove people.

I would disagree with you but I am afraid of doing anything you may dislike. For example: PMing you, as it seems disruptive to do so.

If I have questions, I will definitely avoid disrupting and PMing you, and post them on the forums and/or PM other users.

P.S.

I would also point out an error in your last message to me but I think that might be rude, and it is trivial. (Or what I think is an error, obviously.)

At this point I had already decided the user needs to go away but I softened slightly and was just going to ignore him and give him one last chance. Then I checked the reports and I found a report from him on my message where I stated he would be removed:

Threats qualify as objectionable content.

Threat detected.

So to sum up we have:
  • Game automation.
  • Arguing with members.
  • PMing someone unsolicited.
  • Spamming.
  • Arguing with a moderator.
  • Not listening to a moderator.
  • Rudeness (Questioning whether or not I still develop).
  • Abuse of the report feature.
And those are just our rules. Never mind the general stupidity and insanity on display.

Good times.