Onclick events?

I know that some objects, like buttons, act like onclick events. But what about labels or input boxes? I've tried using Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) and setting GUICtrlSetOnEvent, but things like input boxes don't trigger until the box is unfocussed, so the event is really an onchange type of event.

In your While loop, you can intermittently check for changes to your input box via GUICtrlRead() and it can act like a "onchange" event.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

hehe I made a pretty nice example here

#include
#include
#include
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 211, 55, 192, 124)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input1", 24, 16, 161, 21)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###
$x = 0
$InitialRead = 0
While 1
    $x+=1
    If $InitialRead = 0 Then
        $sInitialInput = GUICtrlRead($Input1)
        $InitialRead = 1
    EndIf
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

Case $Input1
    EndSwitch
    _Change()
WEnd

Func _Change()
    If $x = 10001 Then $x = 0
    If IsInt($x/100) Then
        If $sInitialInput <> GUICtrlRead($Input1) Then
            msgbox(0,"","CHANGED")
            $InitialRead = 0
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc
Edited by mechaflash213
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Elegant way, forget about mechaflash213 :-)

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Test", 349, 184, 192, 124)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 40, 24, 161, 21)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $Msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSelect
WEnd

Func WM_COMMAND($hWinHandle, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    If _WinAPI_HiWord($wParam) = $EN_CHANGE And _WinAPI_LoWord($wParam) = $Input1 Then
        ConsoleWrite('Edit changed: ' & GUICtrlRead($Input1) & @CRLF)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>WM_COMMAND
Edited by Zedna

@Zedna =P I'm not too hip with the WinAPI functions yet =(

Spoiler

@Zedna =P I'm not too hip with the WinAPI functions yet =(

That's OK

but you should answer/replay to questions only if you know answer.

Posting such shit code is not good.

EDIT: If you are beginner then don't try to be smart, instead just read/listen and learn from it/others

Edited by Zedna

Sorry for the shit code...

Spoiler

I understand about checking for a change in an input object. But I'm not looking for a change in the object's value/data. I'd really like to just be able to click on a label or input object and pop up a box/dialog, whatever. For instance, a label that displays a date. Click on it, and it pops up a calendar to select a new date. Is that possible?