Short IF sentence in autoit?

Which is the shorthand for an If expression in autoit?

On a help file i found this

If true = 1 then MsgBox(1,"Is it true?","Yarp!")

but I would like to see something for an expression like

If 5+5=10 Then
ConsoleWrite("Jjj")
Else
ConsoleWrite("nnn")
EndIf

What about it?

If 5+5=10 Then ConsoleWrite("Jjj")

But what about else?

Edited by Newb

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

Not sure what your question is. The second If statement should work, but will always show the Jjj in the console because 5 + 5 will always equal 10, change the 10 to 11 to see the else condition.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The question is, how do i set the else condition in that shortand if statement?

In some languages there is a one line if statement like this

BooleanVariable=(condition=true)?"ok":"not true"

or something like that. How do I replicate it in autoit?

Edited by Newb

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

Answer: You can't, as there is no Else in the short version.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/keywords/If.htm

"Conditionally run a single statement."

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Good to know. A pity, as most languages implement such thing, but whatever. Thanks to all.

you could do

If 5+5=10 Then ConsoleWrite("Jjj")

If 5+5<>10 Then ConsoleWrite("nnn")

I think that's about as close as you will get

Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

At that point an else would be a better solution. Thanks anyway.

I believe this will be supported in the next release (it's in beta now).

Look up the _Iif() function in AutoIt help file.

Look up the _Iif() function in AutoIt help file.

That's exactly what I meant! Nice to know, thanks Malkley.

By the way I think I will stay on If... Then.... Else since my aim was to make the shortest code possible without implementing external libraries/UDF files.

I was doing a decimal to binary converting function (I don't know if there is one in Autoit, couldn't find anything but Binary into Help file, and by the way I wanted to write one on my own) and I was trying to do it as short as possible with basic instructions.

This is the shortest I achieved so far

Func DecToBin($decim)
 Local $temp
 While $decim>=1
  If Floor(Mod($decim,2))>0 Then
   $temp="1"&$temp
  Else
   $temp="0"&$temp
  EndIf
  $decim/=2
 WEnd
Return $temp
EndFunc

And I asked about the shorter If to cut that if in the while loop (I don't want to use _Iif, or external functions, but thanks for letting me know about it Malkey!)

Any way to do my function shorter which is not a predefined autoit converting function? (Like Int, String etc etc)