MouseHoverCallTips [11/24/2023]

Now hold on for one minute. I changed ext.lua.reset to zero in my sciteuser.properties and now this script doesn't work at all. Have yall just been stringing me along for a ride?

Alright, I updated to the latest version. I should note that if you have 'ext.lua.reset' set to one in the 'SciTEUser.Properties' then this won't work correctly, but that should not concern most of you. However, if you're having issues then check that setting first.

Bugs: squashed.

Inefficiencies: eliminated.

Edited by LaCastiglione

Posted Image

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

OK, I fixed the bugs I introduced in my latest bug fixes! Should definitely work now. Please let me know if it doesn't work. I also want to know if it does! Don't leave me hangin'.

• 4 weeks later...

Just reporting/dumping some minor exception I run into.

Seems "editor:GetLine(i)" in line:255 can return 'nil' in some cases.

Which in turn triggers a (temporary) error message at line:257

- did not find the main scite/text reason that triggered this.

Error message:

...AutoIt3SciTELuaCallTipsOnMouseHover.lua:257: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)

//code from CallTipsOnMouseHover.lua
if filepath == props["FilePath"] then
for i = 0 , editor.LineCount - 1 do
local line = editor:GetLine(i) //line:255

line = string.gsub(line, 'n', '') //line:257

if string.find(string.lower(line), funcdef_reg_exp) and line ~= nil then
function_definition = get_function_definition(line, word)
break
end
end
else

Oops, forum editor eat the code indentation ... again. >_<

[striked: using wrong/old version]

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

Checking. Nope. (Updated local version)

Considering it fixed.

Edited by MvGulik

Knock Knock ...

OK, I found another bug I introduced and then fixed it. Again. *Sigh* I think I will leave this script alone for a good while.

EDIT: Fixed it again. =P

Edited by LaCastiglione

I think I will leave this script alone for a good while.

I know the feeling. :)

I will hold off on minor stuff. (if I find any that is. ;) )

Knock Knock ...

Don't get me wrong. I will fix bugs. I just should stop trying to add new features. I always introduce more bugs.

Edited by LaCastiglione

• 1 month later...

Aha.

When typing #include ' and/or #include '' ( ' | " | <>). It seems its assumed there is some include data/string available to be pass on after the RE part. Which is not always the case.

function MouseHoverCallTips:get_include_from_line(line)

local include = string.match(line, "[<"']%s*.+.au3%s*['">]")
-- can return nil in some cases.

if include == nil then return '' end
-- fast error fix/blocker. Works so far. But might not be the right solution.
-- (As I'm not sure about intended/expected RE output.)

return string.sub(include, 2, -2)
-- error triggered if 'include' is nil.

end

[spelling ... + bye bye code indentation. Getting/Is really silly for a code forum ...]

Edited by MvGulik

Knock Knock ...

Ok, after having taken a deeper look, I think this character sequence: ".+" found in the pattern: "[<"']%s*.+.au3%s*['">]" accounts for one or more characters. I may be mistaken.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

Nope, your not mistaken about that. www.wowpedia.org - Lua Pattern_matching

Lua RE Problems?

Knock Knock ...

What problem(s) were you experiencing?

None ... that I'm aware of (last updated version worked ok for me). Though(+t) you might have some RE issue's because you ware not sure about the ".+" part.

[missing t]

Edited by MvGulik

Knock Knock ...

• 2 months later...

Thank you, great improvement when dev. complex stuff. Interesting how AutoIt is starting to have a potentially more mature development platform than what I am using for mainstream language development such as JS and PHP (that's not counting the full blown IDEs (which I dislike for their non-transparency anyway)).

Also, a question, is it possible to do line breaks in Function comment/description? So as to emulate the format used by for example _ArrayDisplay and others

• jaberwacky changed the title to MouseHoverCallTips [11/24/2023]