MouseHoverCallTips [11/24/2023]

Make sure it actually works before you say it's great!  I'm not exactly the greatest lua coder ever.  This code has given me so many problems.  I tried to keep everything seperate but I make one change somewhere and it makes something else stop working.

Just when I thought that I was out of the woods a wild bug suddenly appears.  If there are two members with the same name then the first one it finds will be the one that is displayed.  Stay tuned if you're interested.

But the rest of the script works correctly for those of you who don't use AutoItObject or care to have calltips for those methods.  Even then, if you do want the calltips they will mostly work as long as you don't have two methods of the same name in different objects.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HHHRRRNNNGGGG!

I give up.  Does anybody know how to make this pattern search for instances of either "Volatile Func" OR "Func"?

"^%s*([Vv]olatile%s*)?[Ff](unc)%s+"

This one finds only "Volatile Func".

The "?" here --> ([Vv]olatile%s*)? means 0 or 1 instances of the character class.  It doesn't work as advertised on the tin!

I'm done for the night.  PEACE OUT!

Edited by jaberwacky

Try using an case insensitive pattern (?i) then you can get rid of checking for upper and lower case matches first of all. Also in a search you can use the pipe character "|" as an OR condition.

X|Y Matches either subpattern X or Y: "ac|dc|ground" matches "ac" or "dc" or "ground".

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

lua patterns are a different flavor of RegExp unfortunately.

Anything inside of square brackets can appear in any order or I assumed not at all.  Anything inside of parenthesis must all appear and in that order.

Edited by jaberwacky

• jaberwacky changed the title to MouseHoverCallTips [09/09/2023]

Turns out there were several small bugs that I missed ... now it should actually work again ...

NO NEVERMIND! It stopped working again for some reason ... stay tuned ...

Edited by jaberwacky

Yes! Now! Finally I have gotten around to simplifying the code and making it more robust ... hope it stays working for a good long time ...

• jaberwacky changed the title to MouseHoverCallTips [11/24/2023]