Scheduled Taks and IE.au3

Hi,

I'm new to AutoIT and I've searched the forums but have not found an answer to my issue. I have a script that opens IE, logs into a site, and fills out a form. Everything works great if I run it manually.

However, when I try to run it via a Scheduled Task on Windows Server 2003, the task doesn't run properly. I see the task "Running" in the Scheduled Task manager and also see that IE process is started (via Task Manager) but the IE Browser window does not appear and nothing actually happens. I've boiled it down to the following code that just doesn't work if I run it via Scheduled Task.

#include <IE.au3>
Local $url = "http://www.google.com"
Local $oIE = _IECreate($url, 1)
_IELoadWait($oIE)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Very cool. You won't find anything related to such topics. Read why?

Make sure you abide by them (sincerely) in the future.

Edited by MKISH

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

I'm sorry - I am new so I'm not sure what rule I'm breaking. I am not downloading illegal content or anything. I have a hosted SQL Server database that I am trying to save a backup. I need to open up my Host's Control Panel, fill out a form (login) and go get the database backup and download it to my local server. Again, not trying to break any rules here - just trying to understand where I went wrong.

Thanks,

Mike

Auto-Logins are not allowed to be discussed here, I am sure you didn't read the rules despite me telling you to read them, otherwise you would't have written this:

I'm sorry - I am new so I'm not sure what rule I'm breaking.

Trouble is waiting for you...

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

With all due respect, I did read the rules. Specifically, the rule states:

"SPAM tools including instant messenger or forum auto-posters. This includes forum or site auto-login methods"

I am not asking a question regarding a SPAM tool or forum auto poster. I'm not even asking about auto-login methods. I'm simply asking about why I cannot get an IE window to script as a Scheduled Task in Windows Server 2003.

However, since my script does login (legally) to a site, then I suppose I will have to look elsewhere for help.