Script to hide and unhide any Windows process

My work has McAfee installed; which doesn't allow me to use one of my favorite commandline tools... CMDOW.exe

Is there any way at all to make an autoit script that will unhide or hide any windows process? I am brand new to Autoit; and, have seen autoit scripts do some amazing things!! If some of you friendly forums members could help me make this script, I would be very grateful. Hopefully, one day I can help people in need on this forum as well,

Usage: MAHIDE.exe [/hide or /unhide] processname.exe

Examples:

MAHIDE.exe /hide Calc.exe

or

MAHIDE.exe /unhide Calc.exe

Thanks a million!!!

Edited by MKANET

or

HIDEMATROJAN.exe /hide MATROJAN.exe

;)

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

• Moderators

MKANET,

the only thing I need this script to do is hide the entire window/GUI of the app

To hide/show a GUI, look at WinSetState. :)

But that is not what you asked originally:

make an autoit script that will unhide or hide any windows process

You obviously wanted to hide the process, not the GUI. For obvious reasons (such as mechaflash213 has already suggested) we do not want to discuss this sort of thing here. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

MKANET,

Someone wanted to post this before I locked the thread and asked if I would add it:

If your work prevents you from using it, then you need to get with the admin who administrators McAfee on your network and get it changed. Asking us to help you hack it is not a good idea. I completely understand your desire to use this application but you need to ask yourself - if my work is preventing me from using it, why are they? And don't tell yourself they are just being stupid. The reason may be legitimate. For example the software may have hidden "abilities" that do harm that you are not aware of.

It is something for you to think about.

Good advice. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area