startup when comp starts

same way as any other program - link in startup, registry entry, or entry in task scheduler

no but like wat would the registry value consist of

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you mean to say "What would the registry value consist of?"

it looks like this:

"Name":REG_SZ="Command"

Where Name is anything you want to call your command, and Command is the path to the executable. Look at the other entries there for examples.

Personally I would run a script on startup by placing a shortcut to it in the Startup program group. Easier to do, easier to manipulate and a lot less dangerous.

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","My Script","REG_SZ","C:/My Script.exe")

Enjoy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey thizanx 2 the mizax plizus 24 , by the wizay it mizite jizust bize mizy computizer but your lizink dozent wizork

can you under stizand thizat?

[right][font="Courier New"]...Run these streets all day, I can sleep when I die.[/font] [/right]

hey thizanx 2 the mizax plizus 24 , by the wizay it mizite jizust bize mizy computizer but your lizink dozent wizork

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow, you actually found the exact combination of words to make me never read or respond to another post by you. That is AMAZING!

wow, you actually found the exact combination of words to make me never read or respond to another post by you.  That is AMAZING!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I was there after his/her first post...

I only replied for benefit of someone else who was trying the same thing...

Idiot, I knew it was a bad idea to help a kid.

Let me guess you write your name in leet so your suddenly classified as an elite hack or or something ?

Your just another childish fool B3TA_SCR1PT3R.

Idiot, I knew it was a bad idea to help a kid.

Let me guess you write your name in leet so your suddenly classified as an elite hack or or something ?

Your just another childish fool B3TA_SCR1PT3R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think so.

If she was elite, she wouldn't have to ask about a registry location that has been in the same place for the last 10 years. If she were truely elite, she would have known the registry location 3 years before Windows 95 was even released. :)

Ouch, you guys are mean! :):evil:

@kiddy #@X0|2:

The "value" would consist of whatever you want. Don't name it something "0|3zk1zU|23" like "startup". The data for the value would be a path and file name. Example:

"C:\blowme.exe"

This would generally be a string value under:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\

P.S. You might get better results if you try to blend in a bit...

Edited by anystupidassname

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

I was going to reply to this topic before Nova gave him the RegKey but I thought it might be just some loser, which it is, trying to install his 'virus', 'trojan' or something like that created in AutoIt on a victims computer, however lame his script might be.

qq

I just realised I really shouldnt have given this idiot the ability to run a script at startup.

O well what ever he scripts, one things for sure after reading a few of his posts and topics , it will be incredibly simple, badly cooded and very easy to undo.

This is the last reply a topic created by B3TA_SCR1PT3R will ever recieve from me.

Edited by Nova

wow, you guys are being hard on the guy.

although he/she does come off as a child. with the content of the posts....

and the non-basic computer understanding that you should have before attempting to program makes me conclude that as well.. and the mildly suspicious intent in the posts...

still,

i dunno if he/she is an idiot, just a noob. but i might have asked the same stupid shit when i first started in these forums.

lets try to relax here

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

t0ddie, this is nothing. A little teasing from these guys doesn't compare to the nazis that run http://www.geekstogo.com/

Heh, I just got banned 3 times in a row! First they didn't like my name, then they didn't want me telling people how to remove their virii... When I asked them who to discuss their rediculous policies with and they banned me again just for asking, I decided it wasn't worth it anymore... :evil::)

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......