DirCopy doesnt work. Eccentric

Masaustu()
Func Masaustu()

$gizlihedef4 = "Destop"
   DirCreate ( $gizlihedef4)
   DirCopy (@DesktopDir, $gizlihedef4 & "\simdi", 1)

EndFunc

When I use this code. Desktop shortcut copy targetdir but other desktop dir and file does not copy

• Moderators

Masaustu()
Func Masaustu()

$gizlihedef4 = "Destop"
   DirCreate ( $gizlihedef4)
   DirCopy (@DesktopDir, $gizlihedef4 & "simdi", 1)

EndFunc

When I use this code. Desktop shortcut copy targetdir but other desktop dir and file does not copy

It appears you misspelled "Desktop" in your variable assignment. Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

$gizlihedef4 = "Destop"
or
$gizlihedef4 = "Desktop"

what ever dircopy doesnt copy desktop folder only copy to shortcut another file and application

Edited by erdener

I fixed but now:

DirCopy("D:", @ScriptDir & "Back Up",1)
i've this code but it doesn't work.what should I do? ;)

it cannot copy D drive.I couldn't understand what I do wrong and what I should do.Please help me :/

Edited by erdener

D: isn't a directory, it's a drive.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Personally, I'd use RoboCopy or Xcopy to do it. It can be done in AutoIt, but with an external program out there that does it much faster and a lot easier, why would I? ;)

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

thank you for your suggestion but I don't know anything about xcopy and robocopy so I need to solve my problem to use autoit.Have you any idea about this way?

Bring up a command prompt and type

xcopy /?

and it will tell you all you need to know.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

sorry I dont understand xcpoy comd and robocopy comd. If someone know robocopy youcan help me I need copy from my D: drive to external(USB Hardisk) F: drive

how can I do ?

Sorry my English ;)

• Moderators

Hi, erdener. You will find most of us on this forum follow the "teach a man to fish" rule, as one of our Mods puts it. Meaning, we are more than willing to help, but you need to put forth some effort. What is it about xcopy that you find confusing? Surely there are a number of options, but you should take the time to play around and determine what works best for you, rather than expecting to be spoon-fed a script. To get you started, try this and then expand on it as you need.

Run('xcopy "D:" "F:" /E')

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!