Blank white page rendered only in embedded IE control

Hi,

when I render a web page embedded in a GUI and the height of the ActiveX control is greater than 8192 pixel then the web page will be shown only as an empty white page.

#include <windowsconstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("", 1024, 600)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

$oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, 1048, 8200)
Global Const $BrowserNavConstant = 2 + 128 + 256 + 512 + 4096 + 3276
$t = TimerInit()
With $oIE
    .Silent = True
    .FullScreen = True
    .Resizable = False
    .Visible = False
    .StatusBar = False
    .AddressBar = False
    .Navigate("www.stern.de", $BrowserNavConstant, "_top")
    Do
        Sleep(500)
        If .ReadyState = 4 Or TimerDiff($t) > 20000 Then ExitLoop
    Until False
    .Stop
EndWith

$oDocument = $oIE.document
$oBody = $oDocument.body
$oHtml = $oDocument.documentElement
$oBody.scroll = "no"
$oBody.style.borderStyle = "none"
$oBody.style.border = "0px"
$oHtml.style.overflow = 'hidden'

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

GUIDelete($hGUI)

Versions:

IE: 9.0.8112.1623

Autoit: 3.3.8.1 (running as x86)

No problems on Win8 (IE 10.0)

Can somebody confirm or even know why this happens?

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

If you can see something then it is working.

But for me the GUI is only blank.

Thanks for testing!

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

I tested it on Vista x64 in my VM with IE v9.0 and same problem there.

What IE versions you are using?

As far as I can remember with IE 8 it had worked but I may be wrong.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

UEZ i have installed IE 9

But i dont use it

I thought you said you were running XP? XP can't run IE9.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

No i dont use it

is IE9 preview

I have a set of Virtual Machines established which have an array of operating systems and browsers installed.

Also i have IETester with witch i can test IE10 preview, IE9, IE8, IE7 IE 6 and IE5.5 on Windows XP

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"] [/font]

Have in mind that the web page will be rendered when the height of the activex control is less than 8192!

I've choosen stern.de because the height of the site is larger than 8192 pixels.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Have in mind that the web page will be rendered when the height of the activex control is less than 8192!

I've choosen stern.de because the height of the site is larger than 8192 pixels.

Br,

UEZ

I didn't knew that..

Any workaround on your issue?

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"] [/font]

I can see this issue in my Screenshooter tool and the workaround is to limit the height to 8192 pixels by accepting the cut off the web page at the buttom.

But do I have this problem only or is it a generell problem with IE9?

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

It confirms my presumption that this is an issue with IE9. Now I need the reason why the page gets blank when it is higher than 8192 pixels.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

The odd thing is that when you browse the site in IE normally there is no problem with it - only when embedded and using the object commands.

Br,

UEZ

I would recommend avoiding using the ObjCreateInterface with IE if you can. See my sig for alternatives what give the same visual effect, but use full browser instances.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks Dale, I will check your links in your signature whether I can adapt it into my tool.

Edit: I need to render the full web site without scroll bars to make a screenshot of it. The pseudo embedded solutions are unfortunately not usable for my purpose because of the scroll bars unless you can change that.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ashraful089
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <ComboConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Users\Engr. Ashraful\Videos\koda_1.7.3.0\Forms\ProgramPlayer\FormProgamToOpen.kxf
      $FormInput = GUICreate("Input", 302, 205, 454, 285)
      $Resolution = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Resolution", 80, 24, 145, 25)
      GUICtrlSetData(-1, "1920|VM1920|1366")
      $ComboProgramType = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Program Type Selection", 80, 64, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
      GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Multimedia|Official|Design|Web")
      $ButtonEnter = GUICtrlCreateButton("Enter", 104, 104, 75, 25)
      GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
      #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###
      While 1
          $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
          Switch $nMsg
              Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  Exit
          EndSwitch
      WEnd

please help me to read combo box input and use the value for another function/ work

• By Aapjuh
      Hi,
      I am having a problem properly saving the Width of a resizable Gui.
      When a user resizes the Gui it gets saved in an ini when the Gui closes to then restore the new Width upon reopening the app.
      with GUICreate("myGui",300,200,Default,Default,$WS_SIZEBOX)
      WinGetPos($hGUI) returns 314, and WinGetClientSize($hGUI) returns 298
      when its then saved in the ini the gui keeps expanding or shrinking every time its opened by +14 or -2
      I figure it has to do with borders etc, but i also guess borders depend on the window theme and whatnot or is user specific, so i can't just do $GuiWidth = $GetGuiWidth[arr] -14 or +2 right?

is there a proper way of doing this?
      Thanks in advance,
      Aapjuh
    • By sylremo
      I tried to implement the code in this topic:
      Firstly, i have no idea how these lines of code work but meanwhile i noticed that:
      ; Everytime autoit wants to call a method, get or set a property in a object it needs to go to ; IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames. This is our version of that function, note that by defining this ourselves ; we can fool autoit to believe that the object supports a lot of different properties/methods. Func __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames($pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId) ... EndFunc The problem is i ran into is that some object calls didn't go through IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames.
      Here is the code to replicate what i'm mentioning:
      I followed the example in the topic and tried to do the same thing with method .Documents (line 193) and .Open (line 194) but didn't get the same result because .Documents was being passed through __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames while .Open didn't.
      $Au3_CallByName = 'Documents' Local $oDoc = $oAppl.Au3_CallByName $Au3_CallByName = 'Open' $oDoc = $oDoc.Au3_CallByName($sFilePath, $bConfirmConversions, $bReadOnly, $bAddToRecentFiles, $sOpenPassword, "", $bRevert, $sWritePassword, "", $iFormat) Console outputs:
      ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oDoc = $oDoc.Au3_CallByName($sFilePath, $bConfirmConversions, $bReadOnly, $bAddToRecentFiles, $sOpenPassword, "", $bRevert, $sWritePassword, "", $iFormat) $oDoc = $oDoc^ ERROR Is there any workarounds to solve this?

Thank you!
    • By It_is_me_Me
      I have provided a portion of my script (seen below) and I wanted to use what the USER will input into my IP address box and input box for TCP port. I set the IP address to use 0.0.0.0 as default and the Port to 502. But I want to let the user change it and when they click the buttons (IP Address and Port), the tooltip will show what the USER entered. How can I use the details that the User will input into my input box and IP address box and let them see what they entered when they click the buttons?

Here are the scripts:
      ;-------------------------------------------------------------
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <ComboConstants.au3>
      #include <EditConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <GuiIPAddress.au3>
      #include <StaticConstants.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <GuiEdit.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <Date.au3>
      #include <TabConstants.au3>
      #include <GuiTab.au3>

Global $Form1 = GUICreate("Security Automation", 490, 339, -1, -1)
      ;MAIN Tab
      Global $TAB = GUICtrlCreateTab(0, 0, 489, 337)
      Global $tab_main = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Main")
      $label_Title = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ETP-073 Security", 12, 33, 103, 17)
      GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
      ;-----------------TCP User input information-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      $groupBox_TCP = GUICtrlCreateGroup("TCP", 12, 49, 289, 57, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GROUP,$BS_FLAT))
      ;TCP IP address
      Global $IPAddress1 = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($Form1, 20, 81, 170, 21)
      $Label_ipAddress = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Host IP Address", 20, 65, 80, 17)
      $userInputIP = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Set($IPAddress1, "0.0.0.0")
      ;TCP Port
      $label_tcpPort = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Port", 196, 65, 23, 17)
      Global $input_tcpPort = GUICtrlCreateInput("502", 196, 81, 57, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER))
      $userPort = GUICtrlRead($input_tcpPort)
      ;TCP Address
      $label_tcpAddress = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Addr.", 260, 65, 29, 17)
      Global $input_tcpDevAddress = GUICtrlCreateInput("1", 260, 81, 33, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER))
      ;Buttons
      Global $btn_userIP = GUICtrlCreateButton("User IP", 308, 297, 81, 25)
      Global $btn_Port = GUICtrlCreateButton("Port", 404, 297, 75, 25)
      ;Showing the GUI
      GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
      While 1
         $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
         Switch $nMsg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
               Exit
            Case $btn_userIP
               ToolTip($userInputIP)
            Case $btn_Port
               ToolTip($userPort)
         EndSwitch
      WEnd
      ;--------------end of script ------------------

Note: There will be a "!->Includefile <WMDebug.au3> not found." Pay no attention to it.
    • By CYBRIX
      So I am a person who has learned programming off the internet, without structured courses, and I'm trying to create a UI element that can be used like "GUICtrlCreate...".

I'd like to get some kind of insight on how to improve the code of a Graph element that I have created.
      I am unfamiliar on the standards for creating such UI elements, and assume I'll get some valuable insight here.

Here's some sample code: (I tried to make it look a bit less upsetting to those who know better, but be warned: not pretty.)
      #include <WinAPISys.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WinAPIGdi.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> Local $hWnd = GUICreate("Test", 200, 200) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hWnd) Local $hGraph = _GraphStartUp($hWnd, 10, 30, 180, 180) Local $nData, $nDataMax = 1000, $hDataTimer = TimerInit() While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_ClOSE If TimerDiff($hDataTimer) >= 150 Then $nData = Random(0, $nDataMax) _UpdateGraph($nData) $hDataTimer = TimerInit() EndIf Sleep(20) WEnd _GraphShutDown($hWnd, $hGraph) Exit Func _GraphStartUp($hWnd, $x, $y, $w, $h, $nUpdateTimes = 1000, $nResolution = 60) Global $hBluePen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 2, _WinAPI_RGB(220, 0, 0)) Global $hGreyPen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_DASH, 1, _WinAPI_RGB(100, 100, 100)) Global $hBlackPen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 1, _WinAPI_RGB(0, 0, 0)) Global $hWhitePen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 1, _WinAPI_RGB(255, 255, 255)) Global $nGraphRes = $nResolution Global $aGraphData[$nGraphRes + 1] For $i = 2 To $nGraphRes $aGraphData[$i] = 0 Next Global $hWinDC = _WinAPI_GetWindowDC($hWnd) Global $nGraphX = $x Global $nGraphY = $y Global $nGraphWidth = $w Global $nGraphHeight = $h Global $nGraphXUnit = $nGraphWidth / ($nGraphRes - 1) Global $nGraphBottomY = $nGraphY + $nGraphHeight Global $nGraphMaxX = $nGraphX + $nGraphWidth Global $aUpdateArea[4][2] = [[$nGraphX - 1, $nGraphY - 1], [$nGraphX - 1, $nGraphBottomY + 1], [$nGraphMaxX + 1, $nGraphBottomY + 1], [$nGraphMaxX + 1, $nGraphY - 1]] Global $pUpdateAreaRgn = _WinAPI_CreatePolygonRgn($aUpdateArea) Global $pTextRect = _WinAPI_CreateRectEx($nGraphX + 1, $nGraphY + 1, $nGraphWidth / 2, $nGraphHeight / 4) Global $nGreatestValue = 1 GLobal $pGraphArea = _WinAPI_CreateRectEx($nGraphX - 7, $nGraphY - 26, $nGraphWidth + 14, $nGraphHeight + 2) Global $pDrawCall = DllCallbackRegister('_DrawGraph', 'none', '') Global $pGraphTimer = _WinAPI_SetTimer($hWnd, 567891234, $nUpdateTimes, DllCallbackGetPtr($pDrawCall)) _DrawGraph() Return $pGraphTimer EndFunc Func _DrawGraph() Global $hPen $nGreatestValue = _ArrayMax($aGraphData, 1, 1) $hPen = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hWhitePen) _WinAPI_PaintRgn($hWinDC, $pUpdateAreaRgn) $hPen = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hGreyPen) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX, $nGraphY, $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphY) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX, $nGraphY + ($nGraphHeight / 2), $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphY + ($nGraphHeight / 2)) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphY, $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphBottomY) $hPen = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hBluePen) For $i = 1 To $nGraphRes - 1 _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX + (($i - 1) * $nGraphXUnit), $nGraphBottomY - ($aGraphData[$i] / $nGreatestValue * $nGraphHeight), $nGraphX + ($i * $nGraphXUnit), $nGraphBottomY - ($aGraphData[$i + 1] / $nGreatestValue * $nGraphHeight)) Next $hPen = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hBlackPen) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX, $nGraphBottomY, $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphBottomY) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX, $nGraphY, $nGraphX, $nGraphBottomY) _WinAPI_DrawText($hWinDC, Round($aGraphData[$nGraphRes], 2), $pTextRect, $DT_LEFT) EndFunc Func _UpdateGraph($nData) _ArrayAdd($aGraphData, $nData) _ArrayDelete($aGraphData, 1) EndFunc Func _GraphShutDown($hWnd, $pGraphTimer) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hPen) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBlackPen) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hGreyPen) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBluePen) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hWhitePen) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hWnd, $hWinDC) _WinAPI_KillTimer($hWnd, $pGraphTimer) DllCallbackFree($pDrawCall) _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hWnd, $pGraphArea) EndFunc