If Then loop with Memory Reading

Is there a more... optimized way to write this script? It's very unreliable and will often action() over #2 when it should have action()'d on #1. I feel like it's something to do with the sleep(xxx), but I've tried so many different ways and seems I can't get it down. The memory address is accurate and is static.

#include <NomadMemory.au3>
   #include <GUIConstants.au3>
   #include <Misc.au3>
   #include <Array.au3>

$ID=_MemoryOpen(ProcessExists("application.exe"))
   $Address=0x19790F64
   $value=_MemoryRead($Address,$ID ,"char[5]")

Global $Paused

HotKeySet("{HOME}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("{END}", "Terminate")

$Count = 10000 ;

While 1
   MouseMove ( 643, 760, 0 ) ;
   MouseClick("left")
   Sleep(50)
   Send( "{BACKSPACE 5}" )
   Sleep(50)
   Send ($Count)
   Sleep(50)
   MouseMove ( 531, 841, 0 ) ;
   Mouseclick("left")
   $Count = $Count + 1
   Sleep(50)
   MouseMove ( 958, 461, 0 ) ;
   MouseClick("left")
   Sleep(200)
   MouseMove ( 724, 322, 0 ) ; #1
If $value > 700 Then
   action()
EndIf
   Sleep(100)
   MouseMove ( 724, 370, 0 ) ; #2
   Sleep(400)
If $value > 700 Then
   action()
EndIf
WEnd

Func action()
Sleep(50)
MouseClick("left")
Sleep(200)
MouseMove ( 1442, 879, 0 )
MouseClick("left")
Sleep(200)
MouseMove ( 849, 722, 0 )
Mouseclick("left")
EndFunc

Any help would be very appreciated! I have spent hours on writing this thing from scratch, and being so close to being complete and it not cooperating like it should is quite frustrating. ;)

Edited by Skizzy

What kind of application do you try to automate? Wouldn't it be easier and more reliable to use Send or Control commands?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What kind of application do you try to automate? Wouldn't it be easier and more reliable to use Send or Control commands?

It's just something to make my life a bit easier. I do use a few Send commands in there, and I guess I could use Control. Might clear up a few lines, but it's not top priority at this moment. Just trying to make the If $value Then action() commands a bit more reliable. ;)

There are things missing. What is that $value variable ?

Otherwise this is just mouse moving, cliking and clicking, we can't help you.

$value is:
$value=_MemoryRead($Address,$ID ,"char[5]")

You probably just missed it because of how sloppy my coding is, sorry! :)

Edited by Skizzy

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the value being a decimal for the memory address. For example, the address has a value of 767.2. A char[6] make sense here, correct? I can see the value changing while the macro does its thing and the address stays constant, but sometimes action() does not happen despite the address showing 767.2.

Edit: If the script fails to perform action() when $value is > 700, and I terminate the script and run it again, it acknowledges it instantly, and does action() like it should. Ugh, I don't understand.

Edited by Skizzy

Once again: Memory reading isn't needed 99.9% of the time. Almost every application can be automated using Send and Control commands. To make your script run reliable independant of screen size etc. I would strongly recommend to search for another approach and drop memory reading and mouse moving.

Tell us what application you try to automate, what data you need to read and what buttons etc. you need to click on.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ah, it's so satisfying when you troubleshoot an issue yourself. Finally got it done after several hours working on this thing today!

Basically I just simplified my While statement, put the Memory information in there, and added a Refresh() function which just contains everything I used to have in the While section.

While 1
$ID=_MemoryOpen(ProcessExists("application.exe"))
$Address=0x19790F64
$dps=_MemoryRead($Address, $ID, "char[6]")
   If $value > 700 Then
   Action()
   Else
   Refresh()
   EndIf
WEnd
Edited by Skizzy

Once again: Memory reading isn't needed 99.9% of the time. Almost every application can be automated using Send and Control commands. To make your script run reliable independant of screen size etc. I would strongly recommend to search for another approach and drop memory reading and mouse moving.

Tell us what application you try to automate, what data you need to read and what buttons etc. you need to click on.

The OP is ignoring your question for if he is honest you know what will happen. ............"Click"

I know ... that's why I ask ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki