Programming questions

Searching in the web about C++ i found this cprogramming.com it gave me a nice way to start with C++,

i just want to learn the very basics of C++. and maybe latter learn C#.

Just a question what is the (best ) language to make security programs like nmap, wireshark, or system utilities/network tools etc.

And another one what is your opinion when comparing C++/C# with Delphi ?

Thank you community.

Edited by armoros

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"] [/font]

No it wasn't my intention to hijack the book thread, i believe the first part of my post it was ok, the later questions maybe hijacked it a bit, but unintentionally.

Nice from you that you didn't locked this thread. By the way it would be much nicer if you could also answer my humble questions ;)

since your advice/opinion counts.

Just a question what is the (best ) language to make security programs like nmap, wireshark, or system utilities/network tools etc.

Very broad spectrum right there. nmap likes speed, wireshark needs to be close to the hardware (or the WinPcap part of it at least), both of them are pretty good candidates for being written in C or C++. These are big tools built usually built by big teams working in big corporations. Then on the other hand you mention system utilities / network tools. Obvious winner is obvious: Python.

Best advice is probably to learn both, but I think you were looking for Python.

Thank you Manadar for your valuable information.

I understand that C is closer to the hardware so is better to use it for something like wireshark, nmap with C++ for speed. And also that this kind of tools needs a team to build them correctly.

I tried a bid of C++ but my head still hurts. So i just read tutorials in a very theoretical way.Is very nice also to learn that python is the best choice for system utilities network/tools. No that i know python but i make a good progress for the moment.

But the true is that deep inside me i was waiting to hear that AutoIt is also capable for this kind of tools. ;)

Thank you Manadar.