DirCopy help!

Hi,

This is a hard one to explain, but here i go!

I have had a request to create an app that will Robocopy a folder structure with its permissions (i have this part sorted) to over 200 folders!

I wanted to try and automate this and have come across the _FileListToArray function:

$FileList = _FileListToArray("C:\Users\jblogg\Desktop\TEST Folder\", "*", 2)

The above will create an array of folder names like this:

RowCol0

[0] 0000 - Test Folder

[1] 0564 - Test Folder

[2] 8659 - Test Folder

[3] Ted's Folder

I've been asked to make it so it will only copy the folder structure to the folders with naming convention of '0000 - Test Folder', however i can't think how to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Jamie

Something like this?

;$sFoldername = "0000 - Test Folder"
$sFoldername = "Ted's Folder"

$iNumber = Number(StringLeft($sFolderName, 4))
$sText = StringMid($sFolderName, 5)
If IsNumber($iNumber) And $sText = " - Test Folder" Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "Process Folder")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "", "Don't Process Folder")
EndIf

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Or plug in the naming convention into _FileListToArray() function

$enum = "C:UsersjbloggDesktopTEST Folder"
$out = "C:UsersjbloggDesktopTEST OUTPUT FOLDER"
$FileList = _FileListToArray($enum, "0000 - Test Folder", 2) ; get only folders with the quoted string
_ArrayDelete($FileList, 0) ; Throwing out the total folder count from the 0 index
For $folder in $FileList ; Loop over folders found.
    DirMove($enum & $folder, $out & $folder, 1) ; Argument 3 = 1 = overwrite
Next
Edited by mechaflash213
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

I understand the OP that he wants to process all folders starting with 4 digits and the text " - Test Folder" at the end.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi,

Thank you for the speedy responses.

The department use 'Project number - Project name' as the folder structure i.e. '9564 - The Big House' or '7538 - Red Farm'.

So i have tweeked the FileListToArray so that it will only show the folders with the format, however I don't know what the best way is to use the array to copy the folder in to the folders listed!

$FileList = _FileListToArray("C:Usersjfras1scDesktopTEST Folder", "* - *", 2)

Thanks and regards,

Fraser

The department use 'Project number - Project name' as the folder structure i.e. '9564 - The Big House' or '7538 - Red Farm'.

I don't know what the best way is to use the array to copy the folder in to the folders listed!

are the folders in the array being copied or moved?

EDIT: Contrary to the title, your quoted post states "copy the folder in to the folders listed"

On another note... when you say "copy the folder in to the folders listed", is there another folder that's being copied/moved into each folder in the array, or is each folder in the array being copied/moved to another folder?

Edited by mechaflash213
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Hi,

Thank you ver much for your help!

The file are being copied with the security so i have tweek you code a little.

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$enum = "C:UsersJbloggDesktopTEST Folder"
$source = "C:UsersjbloggDesktopTEST FolderSource Folder01 File"
$FileList = _FileListToArray("C:Usersjfras1scDesktopTEST Folder", "* - *", 2) ; get only folders with the quoted string
_ArrayDelete($FileList, 0) ; Throwing out the total folder count from the 0 index
For $folder in $FileList ; Loop over folders found.
DirCreate($enum & $folder & "01 File")
Sleep(1000)
RunWait('robocopy /e /copy:S "' & $source & '" "' & $enum & $folder & '01 File"')
Next

Agian Thank you very much for the help!

Kind Regards,

Fraser

I don't believe the Sleep() is necessary as the function DirCreate() waits to be completed before moving onto the next command.

Spoiler

The DirCreate() function checks to make sure it was created at the destination. That's why it can return a 0 or 1 based on whether or not it really did get created.

Spoiler