Its because I made it that way, you can modify it to accept from other email address too.

Change as follows

Func RemoteGmail()
    ;Check the Main for any New Mails
    Local $eReturn = _CheckGmail($__rg__sUsername, $__rg__sPassword, 'Phoenix XL')
    Local $Emails = @extended
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, @error, -1)
    For $x = 1 To $Emails
;       If $eReturn[$x][0] = $__rg__sEmail Then
            ;Check if the Email is from the Same Address
            If Not _CompareID($eReturn[$x][2]) Then
                If IsArray($__rg__pMessage_Array) Then
                    $__rg__iCount = $__rg__pMessage_Array[0]
                Else
                    $__rg__iCount += 1
                EndIf
                If IniWrite($__rg__sIniFile, $__rg__sSectionName, $__rg__iCount, $eReturn[$x][2]) Then _
                _AddToVar($__rg__pMessage_Array, $eReturn[$x][2])   ;Add the New Message ID
                ;Execute the Function or Script [after downloading]
                _ExecuteFromEmail($eReturn[$x][1])
                If @error Then Return SetError(2, @error, -1)
            EndIf
;       EndIf
    Next

EndFunc   ;==>RemoteGmail
Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

PhoenixXL,

would you be kind enough to edit the script.  I am new to autoIT and im still struggling on this.  I just wanted to have like a list of email address that can accept and process the command aside from the monitored account.  Maybe you can make it to ver. 1.5 with the variable email address to accept.   It would be faster for you to update it than me, might take me a lot of thinking how to do that :)  I just want it to process command from username+canned.response@gmail.com 

thank you and appreciate your assistance

rike

Its because I made it that way, you can modify it to accept from other email address too.

Change as follows

Func RemoteGmail()
    ;Check the Main for any New Mails
    Local $eReturn = _CheckGmail($__rg__sUsername, $__rg__sPassword, 'Phoenix XL')
    Local $Emails = @extended
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, @error, -1)
    For $x = 1 To $Emails
;       If $eReturn[$x][0] = $__rg__sEmail Then
            ;Check if the Email is from the Same Address
            If Not _CompareID($eReturn[$x][2]) Then
                If IsArray($__rg__pMessage_Array) Then
                    $__rg__iCount = $__rg__pMessage_Array[0]
                Else
                    $__rg__iCount += 1
                EndIf
                If IniWrite($__rg__sIniFile, $__rg__sSectionName, $__rg__iCount, $eReturn[$x][2]) Then _
                _AddToVar($__rg__pMessage_Array, $eReturn[$x][2])   ;Add the New Message ID
                ;Execute the Function or Script [after downloading]
                _ExecuteFromEmail($eReturn[$x][1])
                If @error Then Return SetError(2, @error, -1)
            EndIf
;       EndIf
    Next

EndFunc   ;==>RemoteGmail
Edited by rikeman

version 1.5 released.

Changes in the parameter of RemoteGmail() for additional flexibility of execution of commands from any Email-ID.

Regards :)

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

PhoenixXL,

thanks but were can i get the v.1.5 :) sorry i tried the link on 1st page and it still says 1.4

version 1.5 released.

Changes in the parameter of RemoteGmail() for additional flexibility of execution of commands from any Email-ID.

Maybe some error in the upload, I have again uploaded, do try again.

Phoenix XL

My code:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking at Example1_RemoteGmail.au3 and see that you are able to run notepad.exe from withing @SystemDir and I am able to run any other exe that is located in @SystemDir

eg: SendEmail2Gmail('PXLRun:(s)calc.exe|(m)@SystemDir/PXL', '', 0, 'Execute')

What I am trying to figure out is how to launch an exe or bat that is not in the @SystemDir

eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraEdit\UEDIT32.EXE
eg: C:\my.exe

I have been able to copy an exe to @SystemDir and have it work but I'm not sure of the syntax to get this to work with a custom path.

I'm using this on:

Win7X64

AutoIT=3.3.10.2
Scite=3.3.7.0

Simply running an exe like this does not seem to work (even if I
add dubble quotes around the path:

eg: SendEmail2Gmail('PXLRun:(s)C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraEdit\UEDIT32.EXE /PXL', '', 0, 'Execute')

Could someone give me an example of how to craft the email for the above examples?

Use it as follows

; Example  - RemoteGmail  |  Phoenix XL

#include <RemoteGmail.au3>
Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1)

Global $sString = 'C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraEdit\UEDIT32.EXE' ;Variable which will be evaluated

;Assign the Username and the Password
RemoteGmail_Startup("username", "password")

;Send A Email to your Email Address Using your own Email Address
SendEmail2Gmail('PXLRun:(v)sString/PXL', '', 0, 'Execute')
If @error Then Exit ConsoleWrite('Error Code:' & @error & @CR) <> 0

;Call the function once
RemoteGmail()

Using a variable type will work here. As ':' is reserved for internal use, using it in C:... will cause malfunctioning.

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

That worked...

One typeo...

Use:

Global $sString = 'C:Program Files (x86)UltraEditUEDIT32.EXE' ;Variable which will be evaluated

Instead of:

Global $sString = 'C:Program Files (x86)UltraEditUEDIT32.EXE/PXL' ;Variable which will be evaluated

Remove the extra ---> /PXL

kudos for the code and help...

• 10 months later...

hello guys. Can you guys help me with a quick question about the gmail listner? I got this from the post on the first page of this thread. It's not working for me. I'm not getting any errors. The script is just running. I'm testing it using Example Script 1's syntax in the body of the email. 

PXLRun:(s)Notepad.exe|(m)@SystemDir/PXL

Here's the script listener

;For Version 1.2 only
;Check Continuously
Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1)

Global $sUsername = 'myusername' ; Your Username for Example if phoenixxl@gmail.com is your Gmail Address then phoenixxl would be your username
Global $sPassword = 'mypassword' ; Your Password for your Gmail Account
Global $iTimeOut = 12000
#include <RemoteGmail.au3>

;The Function would be executed every 12 Seconds.
;Hence all the New mails would be checked and executed every 12000 milli Seconds
AdlibRegister('RemoteGmail',$iTimeOut)

;Our Infinite Loop
While 1
Sleep(10)
WEnd 

I notice at the beginning of the script it states it's for v1.2 only. I don't know why it won't work for the current version though. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks