detecting and listing network cards

Hi Folks

Im trying to write a littel app to automate the process of configuring wireless access points

Part of the process involves switching from DHCP to a documented static IP address,

I found the netsh commands for doing this and would like to wrap them in an au3 script which gives the user a dropdown list of the available nics in their pc/laptop when they pick one they then have a button to toggle between dhcp and static

Teh one part of this im stuck with is finding and listing the nics

I searched the forums and foudn afew posts relating to enablign/disabling nics but the name of the connections seemed to be hard coded in the script

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this one?

Thanks

Grant

Use WMI and query the list of adapters. You can use the tool to generate the WMI query in AutoIt.

Use the WMI class Win32_NetworkAdapter, Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration or Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki