Stop Au3Check from showing red text in red border

I just downloaded the latest Scite version (SciTE4AutoIt3, v3.3.9.0) and now, when I compile my script, I see errors and warnings in red text embedded in my code. I want to remove them (actually, I want to stop them from displaying at all), but I don't see any configuration to do this.

The version of Au3Check.exe that runs is 1.54.19.0

Well, the easiest way would be to stop writing code with errors in them. The other way is to add this to your SciteUser.properties file and save it, you might need to close and reopen SciTE for it to take effect.

error.inline=0

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I hate it when there are undocumented settings introduced with updates :)

The change is in the changelog and the setting is documented in the helpfile. Where more do you want it? ;) Edited by AdmiralAlkex

The change log mentions "Added automation for displaying inline errors in SciTE for AU3Check and Tidy." The SciTE help documentation is thousands of lines long, with no way to see what changed. Buried in there is a single line "To see error messages interspersed with the source code, set error.inline=1".

I would expect the change log to document new or changed Properties Variables, command line parameters, etc.

I don't have the previous version's help file to compare the new help file to, so more details in the change logs would be more helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the easiest way would be to stop writing code with errors in them. The other way is to add this to your SciteUser.properties file and save it, you might need to close and reopen SciTE for it to take effect.

error.inline=0

Cool, thanks. But I think I prefer your first option. You don't happen to have a line of code for that lying around? :D